ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Travel

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gentlejuke

Urgent Travel

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:26 pm

We were thinking to travel India after we have got ILR. Yes, we (family) have got ILR and my younger kid born in UK has applied for registration (MN1) last week, waiting for the same to travel.

Unfortunately due to some emergency I have to travel India immediatley and I will need to leave my family here until my kid gets his OCI.

May I know is there any alternative/quiest way to sort out all and travel pls...

Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Travel

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't get your question. If you have your ILR you should be good to travel.

osteophytes

Re: Urgent Travel

Post by osteophytes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

gentlejuke wrote:We were thinking to travel India after we have got ILR. Yes, we (family) have got ILR and my younger kid born in UK has applied for registration (MN1) last week, waiting for the same to travel.

Unfortunately due to some emergency I have to travel India immediatley and I will need to leave my family here until my kid gets his OCI.

May I know is there any alternative/quiest way to sort out all and travel pls...
Who is stopping you?

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm

My younger kid is 2 months old, was born in UK and not holding any nationality or passport at the moment. Just couple of days before, I have applied for BC registration (through MN1) and waiting.

Now, due to emergency we have to travel India this week. We (parents) has ILR and fine to travel. But, as per my understanding, kid can not do any travel until he receives his passport (and OCI in case of travel to India).

In this context, I would like to know is there any alternative where my kid (who is sateless and no passport) can travel with me to India?

Thanks,

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 pm

gentlejuke wrote:My younger kid is 2 months old, was born in UK and not holding any nationality or passport at the moment. Just couple of days before, I have applied for BC registration (through MN1) and waiting.

Now, due to emergency we have to travel India this week. We (parents) has ILR and fine to travel. But, as per my understanding, kid can not do any travel until he receives his passport (and OCI in case of travel to India).

In this context, I would like to know is there any alternative where my kid (who is sateless and no passport) can travel with me to India?

Thanks,
I am afraid there is no feasable way of your child travelling with you to India, without first obtaining British Citizenship and passport and obtaining visa for India.
In theory, you can apply for Indian passport for your child, because he is Indian citizen by descent and then take him to India on that passport. But then you will face the problem of getting the child back to Uk with you. In theory, once the child is registered as British citizen, then you can apply for his British passport in India. Then you will have to surrender his Indian passport whilst in India, then obtain a visa for him whilst in India to legalise his stay on his British passport. Needless to say the whole process will be cumbersome and time consuming, and will involve running pillar to post in India between local immigration, ministry of home affairs and British High commission.
Best advice would be to take a chill pill. Travel when your child gets BC.

linearkieran

Post by linearkieran » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:54 am

I am in similar situation as gentlejuke, have applied for MN1 on 21 July...just called them to find the application is ongoing and they said it takes 3 to 6 months to process the application. quite worrying.

Checked on this forum before applying and it was about a month they took...in some cases they got the certificate in 3 weeks only.

Planning to travel later this year, so have to wait for the certificate, then apply for passport and then apply for visa. There is nothing that can be done except waiting, is there?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Thats true, unfortunately. In theory there could be ways, but practically any way around will be too cumbersome and full of headache. Whole of the trip back home would just involve dealing with legalities and running around. Not worth it at all in my opinion.