ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR under 5yr WP name misspelt in doc

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IAM3576
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR under 5yr WP name misspelt in doc

Post by IAM3576 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:23 am

I will be for applying for ILR in Oct 2011 under 5 yr WP. my name is misspelt in most of the supporting documents.
In my passport my name is "SHEKAR" and all the other documents/correspondence is "SEKHAR" will this create a problem ?
Is any one faced the same problem if yes can you please let me know if there is any additional documents need to be produced.

it will be great helpful to me if you could please give me some guidelines.

xyz123

Re: Applying for ILR under 5yr WP name misspelt in doc

Post by xyz123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:49 am

IAM3576 wrote:I will be for applying for ILR in Oct 2011 under 5 yr WP. my name is misspelt in most of the supporting documents.
In my passport my name is "SHEKAR" and all the other documents/correspondence is "SEKHAR" will this create a problem ?
Is any one faced the same problem if yes can you please let me know if there is any additional documents need to be produced.

what supporting documents you are talking about? is it more important documents such as P60 / Payslips or other minor documents like utility bills?

IAM3576
Newly Registered

Post by IAM3576 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks for that.
P60, Salary slip, Life in UK certificate, bank statement and some of the utility bills.
the document which i was asking is to support both the names are belong to same person. I am planning to take a letter from employer stating that both the name belong to the same person and this is just a mispelt in the name.

If its in India i would have taken an affidavit from solicitor. Is there any such document available in UK if yes then from where can i get this and is it really required ?
It would be great help to me if senior member could please respond to this post

bserge
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for ILR under 5yr WP name misspelt in doc

Post by bserge » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 pm

IAM3576 wrote:I will be for applying for ILR in Oct 2011 under 5 yr WP. my name is misspelt in most of the supporting documents.

On the SET(O) form there is a field for names by which you are also known in addition to your name as in your passport - I believe this is the case in which you need to use it.

If you have a photo ID such as a driving license with Sekhar on it it will make life easier, but I think generally some level of discrepancy is allowed.

IAM3576
Newly Registered

Post by IAM3576 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Thank you very much for your help.
My NI card and passport has same name i hope this should also be a good supporting document.