ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 leading to ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saljav

Tier 1 leading to ILR

Post by saljav » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to have your opinion on Tier 1 (general) and the future you see for it.

I am a Tier 1 migrant and will complete my 4years and 11 months in Aug,2013 (I missed a month due to early extension), however I have this constant fear that between now and then, rules might change (rules either for Tier 1 extension or for ILR).

Considering some of you are very experienced and keep a close eye on these rules and regulations, can you guide me if there is ever a possibility of Government trying to cut exiting Tier 1 holders route to ILR.

My understanding is that TIER 1 is a work permit visa and although it leads to ILR, its not guaranteed by the UK government, therefore new changes to Tier 1 might not apply to existing visa holders but new changes ILR will apply to all.

Hope you guys can shed some light on this.

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:42 pm

hey,
i to have the same issue.it is just crazy ,i m really worried.how can we just leave and go back to our home country.this government is just too harsh on us,for no fault of ours.The consultation is also very confusing ,they dont even tell whether it applies to the old t1 visa holders or for those coming on tier 1 after april 2011?
:(

saljav

Post by saljav » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm

faru22 wrote:hey,
i to have the same issue.it is just crazy ,i m really worried.how can we just leave and go back to our home country.this government is just too harsh on us,for no fault of ours.The consultation is also very confusing ,they dont even tell whether it applies to the old t1 visa holders or for those coming on tier 1 after april 2011?
:(
I am not sure if anyone did arrive in UK under Tier 1 after April 2011, however I am sure that the senior members of the forum will shed some light on whether its likely that the government cut the ILR route for existing Tier 1 general immigrants or whether we are rushing to the conclusion too soon.