ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmeehh
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partner Visa

Post by mmeehh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi,

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. He is 22 and I am 21. We met abroad in his home country, because I was volunteering there as a teacher. We met in January 09, and were living together by July 09. The place where we were staying was very remote and we paid cash in hand to the landlord (normal for that country). Around January 2010, we both had run out of money and were broke. January 2010, I found a job in UK, and I basically spent 1 month working in UK, followed by 1 month in my partner's country to stay with him. I was earning money to support both of us since he was a student. So for all of 2010, I was "commuting" between UK and my partner's country. We had a small flat in his country, but paid monthly cash to the landlord (as was normal). Then in January 2011, he moved to the UK to continue his studies on a student visa. Since January 11, we have had our own flat, tenancy agreement, and clear evidence of living together and joint finances etc.

We would like to apply for Unmarried Partner Visa. We are actually planning on getting married in the summer of 2013, because I will graduate then and its enough time to arrange my partner's brother to come over for the wedding. We dont think it is right to have a rushed wedding just for immigration. Plus, my sister is away on a round-the-world trip and my partner's brother wouldnt be there, and it just wouldnt be right.

If we applied for Unmarried Partner this January 2012, would we stand a chance?

Obviously the living-together bit abroad doesnt have any evidence. We could easily get many letters of support from people who knew us then, but I am not sure how much weight that would add. We also have a LOT of genuine evidence of phone calls, millions of photos, plus my passport stamps would obviously confirm that I was indeed visiting him in his country during 2010 when I was working.

Financially, my dad earns over £100,000 a year and would have no problem being a third-party-maintenance for us. As far as I can work out, our application is perfect except that we are missing evidence of living together in 2009 and 2010.

I would rather not wait for another year because of the proposed changes to the settlement family route.

Would greatly appreciate any advice, thankyou

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Unfortunately, evidence of cohabitation for at least two years is required. 

What's his nationality?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.