ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijayKP
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension

Post by vijayKP » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi all,
I have a question on TIer1 extension, can any one please answer..

i hold a tier1 visa which is about to expire in November 11, i came into UK
just in june11, so hardly 4 and half months i have used this tier1 visa.., now i am planning for extension, so can i show the indian salary for remaining 7 and half months along with present 4 and half months...

regarding points for UK experience (16000 GBP), i am falling short of some thousands.. how can i show that ,what would be the best option..

THanks in Advance

vijay

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 am

Are you saying that you entered the UK for the first time in June 2011 but that your visa is expiring in November 2011? You delayed your entry for a very long time?

vijayKP
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension

Post by vijayKP » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, yes i had some personal issues, due to which i couldnt use the visa effectively..

so can you please suggest if i can show india salary for extension with out any uplift ratio..

Thanks
Vijay

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:17 pm

You can use the Indian salary but an uplift ratio can't be applied. Given that when you apply, you are permitted to use any continuous 12 months out the previous 15 months, you should look at your historical salary and decide when is the best time to apply. It might be worth applying early if you can scrap together more points from your previous salary by doing this. Obviously, if you are working now, and have a good salary, it's worth leaving it as late a possible in order to maximize your points.

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

Post by ibeny1978 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:38 pm

can one use overseas earnings even if they are from non uk based organization and physically present overseas.
the immigration solicitor i spoke to told me that overseas income will count only if they were from uk based company or organization.
working for overseas company and staying overseas will not be counted at all for extensions.

pls pls. reply becuz i am also in great danger of loosing my visa.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,

Is it okay if an applicant is planning to apply for early extension with say 'Only 6 months payslips' from the last 15 months earning period ? This 6 months payslips are enough for me to qualify for extensiom.

I am Self employed (sole trader - no ltd) and planning for extension in next month and showing only 6 months payslips.

Will case worker reject my application in case if I apply with only 6 months payslips ?

Seniors, moderator, sushmehta.......Please share your valuable inputs.
This will help me and decide my stay in UK.

Regards,
Suresh

Lucapooka wrote: It might be worth applying early if you can scrap together more points from your previous salary by doing this.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Sureshep,

6 months from the last 15 months is fine, as log as you reached the income threshold in the 6 months you are using.

Kind Regards

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:16 pm

my application was just approved using 7 months....
Keep it simple!

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:59 am

Hi,

Congrats.....and best of luck for your future.

How did u prooved your earnings (Employed - Permanent, Employed - Ltd company or Self employed) ?

Regards,
Suresh

mtuckersa wrote: my application was just approved using 7 months....