ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF5 questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jeffers41
Newly Registered

VAF5 questions

Post by Jeffers41 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 am

Hi just a few questions, there are just a few things that are worded on the VAF5 application form which I am finding difficult to understand.

· Travel dates 'on which date will you leave the UK.'

As my wife is coming to join me in the UK and live indefinitely do I need to enter a leave date?

· Other names (including other names you are known by and/or any names that you have been known by.

Like most Thais my wife has a nickname and she was also married before so do I put both of these names down?

· What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax?

As I am providing for my wife and she doesn't work would her answer to this be 0 Bhat?

· Is the EEA currently living in the UK if yes when did they arrive?

As I have always lived in the UK as I was born in Northern Ireland but have an Irish passport what answer would I give for this question?

· Do you intend to work in the UK, if yes please provide proof?

As she is coming to live with me but when she arrives does not have a job but does intend to work in the future, would I just state this in the extra information part.

Thanks in advance for any info on these questions.

Jeffers41
Newly Registered

Post by Jeffers41 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Can anyone help

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: VAF5 questions

Post by Plum70 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Jeffers41 wrote: · Travel dates 'on which date will you leave the UK.'
As my wife is coming to join me in the UK and live indefinitely do I need to enter a leave date?
As you are planning to settle here, just leave blank or enter an arbitrary date. Really doesn't matter either way; you won't be 'kicked out' by whatever date you enter.

· Other names (including other names you are known by and/or any names that you have been known by.
Like most Thais my wife has a nickname and she was also married before so do I put both of these names down?
Unless her "nickname" is reflected on an official document, there is no need to include this. One of my nicknames is 'Pumpkin' but the UKBA doesn't need to know this! Just include her previous married name.

· What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax?
As I am providing for my wife and she doesn't work would her answer to this be 0 Bhat?
Leave blank or 'N/A'.
· Is the EEA currently living in the UK if yes when did they arrive?

As I have always lived in the UK as I was born in Northern Ireland but have an Irish passport what answer would I give for this question?
Again leave blank, 'N/A' or enter your DOB.

· Do you intend to work in the UK, if yes please provide proof?

As she is coming to live with me but when she arrives does not have a job but does intend to work in the future, would I just state this in the extra information part.
Yes, or leave blank altogether.
P.S: As you were born in NI and have always lived in England, I wonder if the EEA route is open to you (even though you have an Irish passport). The reason for my doubt is that you may not be classed as an EEA national exercising treaty rights in a member state because you have always resided in your country of birth - the UK.

Perhaps other sages of the forum can comment.

WONDERLUSTI
Newly Registered

Post by WONDERLUSTI » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:26 pm

This route is still available i believe , but the ukba are yet to make a ruling after the recent European ruling was confirmed (Mcarthy), as it is free to apply nothing to loose, as soon as she gets to the uk send off the eea2 form as soon as possible,,

Jeffers41
Newly Registered

Post by Jeffers41 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 pm

I was born In Northern Ireland and lived there until i was in my 20s unlike Mcarthy who was born in England and due to here parents being Irish was able to get an Irish Passport, so I hope that my case is different but guys thanks for the advice and keep it coming

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm

You were born in Northern Ireland. At what point in your life did you get a UK passport? At what point in your life did you get an Irish passport?