ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wp switching to tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

genious

wp switching to tier2

Post by genious » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:48 am

Hi,

i am on wp and has completed 5 year but due to salary requirement i can;t apply for ILR. :(

i am thinking to change to tier2 now.

want to know what are the basic requirements and hows the market. are many employers getting SOC code or this category is very limited.

i want to change employer and what to know what are the options. i am software engineer.

thanks,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:11 am

I'm confused by your comment. Your employer should have been paying your the salary scale stated in the WP.

genious

Post by genious » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I'm confused by your comment. Your employer should have been paying your the salary scale stated in the WP.
my current salary is more than when wp was approved but wp holder have to meet tier 2 criteria of salary i.e employer should mention SOC code, soc job title in the letter.

in my case the closest role's salary is much high in soc code list thats why...

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:53 pm

how are you not qualified for ILR?

genious

Post by genious » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:26 pm

coolkat wrote:how are you not qualified for ILR?

i can only qualify, when my salary will be higher or equal to the closest math of my job in SOC list of jobs.

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 am

genious wrote:

i can only qualify, when my salary will be higher or equal to the closest math of my job in SOC list of jobs.
hmmm......
You got it all wrong. If you have completed your 5 yrs on wp, you dont need to meet tier 2 requirements. As long as you still got that job, and your employer write a letter to certify that you are still on that same (original) job and you will still be wanted for the job, then you can get your ILR. Tier 2 requirements for ILR apply only if you had held tier 2.

genious

Post by genious » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:46 pm

rbk1597 wrote:
genious wrote:

hmmm......
You got it all wrong. If you have completed your 5 yrs on wp, you dont need to meet tier 2 requirements. As long as you still got that job, and your employer write a letter to certify that you are still on that same (original) job and you will still be wanted for the job, then you can get your ILR. Tier 2 requirements for ILR apply only if you had held tier 2.
guys i am still on wp and with same employer n on same job. but from 16 april, all wp holders have to meet tier 2 critera for ilr....

can any one tell me, do i need IELTs to fullfill languagr requirement if i switch to tier2(g). i have completed masters from uk university and on wp from last 5years.

thanks
Last edited by genious on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 pm

genious wrote:
rbk1597 wrote:
genious wrote:

hmmm......
guys i am still on wp and with same employer n on same job. but from 16 april, all wp holders have to meet tier 2 critera for ilr....

can any one tell me, do i need IELTs to fullfill languagr requirement if i switch to tier2(g). i have completed masters from uk university on wp from last 5years.

thanks
listen don't panic as a work permit holder if your employer increase your salary for 3 month prior to application i think it's OK but if they can't do that tell them to write on employer letter that your salary is increase to required amount as per SOC code. or what you can do is read this link go to last page there are some new updates about salary. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=74650

genious

Post by genious » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 am

tariqul5000 wrote:
genious wrote:
rbk1597 wrote:
listen don't panic as a work permit holder if your employer increase your salary for 3 month prior to application i think it's OK but if they can't do that tell them to write on employer letter that your salary is increase to required amount as per SOC code. or what you can do is read this link go to last page there are some new updates about salary. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=74650
Hi tariqul5000,

thanks for your kind reply.

my employer is not ready to give me pay rise neither they will issue me letter when i am not getting enough salary.

regarding link you posted it is for the closed categories, i am web programmer and my close matching job title is there in SOC list.

any ray of hope guys? really disappointed...

genious

Post by genious » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

genious wrote:
tariqul5000 wrote:
genious wrote:
Hi tariqul5000,

thanks for your kind reply.

my employer is not ready to give me pay rise neither they will issue me letter when i am not getting enough salary.

regarding link you posted it is for the closed categories, i am web programmer and my close matching job title is there in SOC list.

any ray of hope guys? really disappointed...

ANY WP holder in same situation?