ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another major grey area regarding ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aa1231aa
Newly Registered

Another major grey area regarding ILR application

Post by aa1231aa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 am

Another question:

if i'd once been out of UK for 5 months at a go (student exchange), does this mean that i'd have to wait a further 5 months after 10 yrs since first entering the UK to start applying?

This sounds like another very grey area because although it doesn't seem to be stated on the UKBA website, that's what i heard from a visa advisor at the school i'm working in.

zchay3e

Post by zchay3e » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:52 pm

The rules state that you should not be outside the UK for a period of more than 6 months in one go, and that the total absences do not exceed 18 months in 10 years. 5 months outside the UK (particularly that you can demonstrate that you intended to come back) should not be a problem, as long as the total absences do not exceed 18 months.