ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer letter for SET(O) WP ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AliceNZ
Newly Registered

employer letter for SET(O) WP ILR application

Post by AliceNZ » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 am

Hi there everyone, I've just received my employer letter from my HR department to support my SET(O) application as a work permit holder (same employer and same job title for five years) and I am concerned that the letter may not be sufficient.

HR haven't included the fact that my salary meets the Codes of Practice requirement, although they have listed the amount of my salary which is well above the requirement, is this all right or do they need to mention the SOC scale specifically? My exact job title is in the COP document. In addition, they haven't said I continue to be required, although they have said that I am 'employed on a permanent basis'. They also haven't said I'm employed full-time.

It's a bit irritating as I wrote a letter for them based on all the stickies and helpful advice from this forum, and they changed it. Is the letter (copy below) sufficient or will I need to get them to add further information? I would be really grateful for any advice.

UK Border Agency
Glasgow Public Enquiry Office
Festival Court
200 Brand Street
Govan Glasgow
G51 1DH

Dear Sirs

RE: [MY NAME]

I write regarding [NAME'S] application for Indefinite Leave to Remain. I understand that she has an appointment at the Glasgow Public Enquiry Office on [DATE] to make this application.

[NAME] has been employed by [COMPANY NAME] from [DATE THE DAY AFTER THE WORK PERMIT WAS ISSUED] to present as a [JOB TITLE].

Over the last five years [NAME'S] absences from work have been annual leave consistent with her employment contract with the exception of two short periods of unpaid leave. Please see enclosed breakdown of leave.

[NAME] is employed on a permanent basis and her current salary is £[AMOUNT] per annum.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact [HR REP, PHONE NUMBER].

Yours sincerely