ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for ILR with CCJ

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

judgement780
Newly Registered

applying for ILR with CCJ

Post by judgement780 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 am

Hi,
i am applying for ILR through 10 years long residency route, but i have a County Court Judgement against me regarding an unpaid credit card debt, which was issued last year, i did not reply to this judgement and also the company which took the judgement against me did not communicate afterwards. I am bit concerned to know am i still eligible to apply ILR , and do i need to mention this CCJ in my application.
please could any one guide me.
thank you

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: applying for ILR with CCJ

Post by khalidmirza » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:17 am

judgement780 wrote:Hi,
i am applying for ILR through 10 years long residency route, but i have a County Court Judgement against me regarding an unpaid credit card debt, which was issued last year, i did not reply to this judgement and also the company which took the judgement against me did not communicate afterwards. I am bit concerned to know am i still eligible to apply ILR , and do i need to mention this CCJ in my application.
thank you
ccj is basically not court conviction in terms of criminality. However you will not have good credit history. Your name must be with all lending agencies. So I suggest that either you resolve it and get your name cleared. You do not need any time to spend this conviction. It may not affect your ILR but if you declare and this ccj is still valid, it may create problem

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 am

You should declare it. Does it still remain unpaid?

judgement780
Newly Registered

Post by judgement780 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 am

Casa wrote:You should declare it. Does it still remain unpaid?
Yes dear it is still unpaid, but the credit card company did not pursue the matter further, and i kept silent as well, and i did not receive any further letter regarding this issue.

judgement780
Newly Registered

Post by judgement780 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:09 am

khalidmirza wrote:
thank you
ccj is basically not court conviction in terms of criminality. However you will not have good credit history. Your name must be with all lending agencies. So I suggest that either you resolve it and get your name cleared. You do not need any time to spend this conviction. It may not affect your ILR but if you declare and this ccj is still valid, it may create problem
Dear Thanks for a prompt reply
Since that CCJ is issued, i did not receive any further communication from either the court or the credit card company, and the matter is still unresolved, problem is i do not have sufficient money to pay off that CCJ, can you please tell me if i declare this CCJ, what problems can it make, as i have no idea what can happen, if i declare this at this stage.
thanks

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:01 pm

judgement780 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:
thank you
Since that CCJ is issued, i did not receive any further communication from either the court or the credit card company, and the matter is still unresolved, problem is i do not have sufficient money to pay off that CCJ, can you please tell me if i declare this CCJ, what problems can it make, as i have no idea what can happen, if i declare this at this stage.
thanks
why do you not request for instalments for payment. It is my firm belief that sooner or later you have to clear it. If instalments allowed as I am confident, then declare it and explain. I am not really sure that how case worker will resolve it. If you do not declare it is a bigger offence and falls for general ground for refusals

judgement780
Newly Registered

Post by judgement780 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 pm

khalidmirza wrote:
judgement780 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:
thank you
thanks
why do you not request for instalments for payment. It is my firm belief that sooner or later you have to clear it. If instalments allowed as I am confident, then declare it and explain. I am not really sure that how case worker will resolve it. If you do not declare it is a bigger offence and falls for general ground for refusals
Do they always check whether the applicant has the CCJ's or not, regardless of the fact that applicant mention in his application or not, and yes your advice looks very solid that i should request for installments, but i am not sure that after one year what is the exact situation of the CCJ's , i need to contact them for the up to date situation,

raj_shah19
Newly Registered

Post by raj_shah19 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi There i am applying for ILR in December 2015 on 10 years basis and i have just received a claim form which is for £3k. I have checked ilr form it says : any cilvil penalties or criminal conviction? Can any one please help me to explain? if if pay the claim form do i have to still declare it in ilr form? does it affects the ILR application? has any one had similar issues in past but still got ILR?

kkbk2007
Newly Registered

Post by kkbk2007 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:19 pm

hi judgement 780,

what happened to your application. I am keen to know. I have a similar situation and I am applying in a week. Can any body reply