ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rectifying error on Naturalisation certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhunjn

Rectifying error on Naturalisation certificate

Post by mhunjn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:13 am

Has anyone been through the experience of getting the naturalisation certificate corrected?
IND have very kindly added my wife's maiden family name in the naturalisation certificate along with her married surname. So, it reads like "First Middle Maiden Last".

Just wondering if it's quicker and easier to get her name changed (get the maiden surname removed) by change of name poll thing or returning the certificate to IND and getting them to correct the mistake, which might take longer and more hassle.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:31 am

IMO it would be utterly ridiculoues for a person to change their name in order to correct someone else's clerical error!
Unless the error was actually in the way your wife completed the form (ie she filled it in wrong, and they simply copied her mistake) I cannot see that there would be "hassle" in getting IND to correct it - they'll still have the form, and will be able to see the mistake. It would probably take some weeks for them to to do it, though...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:42 am

This error appeared in the ack letter as well, so we wrote to them with doc (marriage cert etc) to get it corrected. But it seems like either they didn't go through that letter, or didn't get it!
That's the main reason for getting it done through deed poll.

As for the original forms, I think she might have filled in her maiden name in the 'other known name/maiden name section'. But not where they ask for the full present name.