ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 yrs in IT+B.Tech in Metallurgy(Will it be a deterrent?)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panky922
Newly Registered

7 yrs in IT+B.Tech in Metallurgy(Will it be a deterrent?)

Post by panky922 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:06 pm

Hello All,

I have a B.Tech degree in Metallurgy from a Indian Engg School and 7 years of work experience in the IT field. I am claiming to have a graduate level work experience for 5 years of my career and 2 years of senior level work experience after that where i worked as a Project Manager.

I have studied 3 computer subjects and 4 Math subjects in My Engineering degree. But will this metallurgy degree cause a doubt in the minds of HSMP official regarding my capability to work as a software professional.

In my first job, i worked as an Associate Consultant with a Citigroup company in the financial services domain. I will be able to get a letter statiing my work responsiblities from my employer.

So, my qn - what else can i do to answer this doubt in the mind of HSMP officials ?

Thanks So Much

madmax
Newly Registered

Post by madmax » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:48 am

Your B Tech degree should not cause any problems at all. What counts is whether you can prove that your work experience has been at a graduate level. If this is OK you will be able to claim points for both education and experience.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:58 am

dont send your trascript with the application, so caseworker wont be able to go in much detail about the courses you have had. Caseworkers award point against your final degree, not against trascripts.

panky922
Newly Registered

Post by panky922 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:29 am

sorry for the delay and thanks so much for your inputs. But is it definite that "Transcripts are not mandatory".