ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help. waiting times for visa??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mohammed Qadir
Newly Registered

Help. waiting times for visa??

Post by Mohammed Qadir » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me if the 3 months waiting times are a fixed for the pakistani british embassy in Islamabad?. I am applying for my spouses visa and i would like to know if anyone has heard from them within 1 month or 2 months or 2.5 months??. Is it rare that they do this? or does this regularly happen?. Or is the 3 months a fixed date?.

Please anyone reply, i want everyone on this forum to reply and tell me how long did they have to wait to hear from the embassy about their visas.

Thanks.

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:59 pm

it took my wife exactly 14 weeks. however it is now coming to 12 weeks. make sure you provide all evidence as it is very easy for embassy to sit on the application and refuse after 12/14 weeks....this happened to me...and i was like u a few months asking everyone if they have heard of cases where visa has been issued before their published timeframe..... now waiting for appeal which could take 6-9 months! be careful ...

sorry for being negative but better safe than sorry!