ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for ILR, but visa is due to expire

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

erdinc
Newly Registered

Waiting for ILR, but visa is due to expire

Post by erdinc » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi all

I have applied to ILR (SET(O)) on June 9th. On August 10th Home Office sent me a letter and asking for more documents. I sent asap, and they have received them on Aug 23rd. I am still waiting for them to decide.

My visa, Tier 1 (General), is due to expire on Sep 7th. What should I do? What if they don't grant me ILR? Should I be prepared for reapplying to ILR or extension for Tier 1?

I am currently working. Will it affect my employment? I know it is illegal to work without a visa.

Regards
Erdinc

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:04 pm

If you made a valid application, then your leave continues.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Waiting for ILR, but visa is due to expire

Post by networkers » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:10 pm

erdinc wrote:Hi all

I have applied to ILR (SET(O)) on June 9th. On August 10th Home Office sent me a letter and asking for more documents. I sent asap, and they have received them on Aug 23rd. I am still waiting for them to decide.

My visa, Tier 1 (General), is due to expire on Sep 7th. What should I do? What if they don't grant me ILR? Should I be prepared for reapplying to ILR or extension for Tier 1?

I am currently working. Will it affect my employment? I know it is illegal to work without a visa.

Regards
Erdinc
Hi Erdinc,

Can you please confirm which documents they asked you to submit after the initial application submission.

Regarding your ILR.. why you think they will not grant you? Anything complex in your case?

You can only apply for Extension with a Valid visa so probably extension will not be an option in worst case (if you get it after 07/11).

Unless there is a decision on your application you are allowed to work and it is legal.

Considering refusal, you should get appeal rights against the decision.

erdinc
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting for ILR, but visa is due to expire

Post by erdinc » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 pm

networkers wrote: Hi Erdinc,

Can you please confirm which documents they asked you to submit after the initial application submission.
I have mentioned here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1260
erdinc wrote:My Set(O) application progress:

June 7th: Applied through online system, which has taken the money from credit card immediately and sent the documents on the same day
June 9th: Letter from Home Office stating application passed to case worker
August 10th: Letter from Home Office. Asking for letter from Employer confirming my employment. Also asking me to fill section 9 (Tier-1 Points Scoring Assesment) from a Set(O) form dated May 2011. On the online form I used, which they have just started using in the beginning of the June, these 2 were not mentioned.

Asked to HR to supply the employer letter and planning to send to Home Office as soon as I got the document.

Anybody in the same status?

Regards
Erdinc
networkers wrote: Regarding your ILR.. why you think they will not grant you? Anything complex in your case?
It is not complex, but it is taking too long, nearly 13 weeks have already passed. That is why I wanted to be prepared for worst.
networkers wrote: Considering refusal, you should get appeal rights against the decision.
Will appeal allow me to work until another decision has been made?

Regards