ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent living

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sure-as
Newly Registered

Permanent living

Post by Sure-as » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:13 pm

One of the requirements of the spousal visa is that you intend to 'permanently live together'.

I was just wondering does anybody know what the exact definition of that is... presumably we're allowed to leave the house occasionally ?

In my particular case I work shifts in a different city from where I live... that means I'll be away for three nights out of every eight (ignoring holidays).

Does that count as 'permanently living together'?

On a side note I've saved about £2500 in the past six months of work (and sent her well over £1000 via moneygram)... I presume this means I can 'adequately support my partner without recourse to public funds'?

Thanks in advance for any help

I've checked the sticky's & FAQ's, used the search function & couldn't find anything so I apologise if I've missed the relevant thread.

Sure-as
Newly Registered

Post by Sure-as » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Another question... in addition to the money I've saved I intend to take a £1-2k loan out (help pay for the application & flights etc). Is this a 'good thing' (i.e. 'non public money') or a 'bad thing' (i.e. a debt which restricts my ability to support my spouse) as seen from the Entry Clearance officer?

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 pm

In order to show you can support your wife you need to provide evidence that after paying your mortgage council tax and any loans, you will be left with £105.95 each week to live on.

So should you choose to take a loan to assist with flights etc then your repayments for this, will be taken into account. If you can, it would be preferential to save the money for flights and the visa fee rather than get a loan for it.