ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

more about money...how about this?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RPatanakar
Newly Registered

more about money...how about this?

Post by RPatanakar » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:40 pm

Hi. UK citizen married to an Indian - returned to UK in April to work up 6 months worth of statements (I was in India quie a few months and out of work) My only obstacle now is that I am about £1000 overdrawn. It wont take me too long to pay off, but could take a couple of months. First wages from new job hit the account end of this month.

If I was to open a new bank account and show my wages going in there and then pay off my overdraft bit by bit with my existing bank, is there any reason that it would be risky for my husbands VAF2 application? I assume they aren't going to ask how long I have held that account? As long as I provide statements that show my wages coming in and the outgoings tally with a cost of living spreadsheet I will provide.... is this a sensible solution?

It seems silly to wait an extra three months to apply for spouse visa for the sake of catching up on such a small sum of money. I know it is generally considered unwise to show any kind of statement even slightly in the red. Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated....

Also, does providing only 4 bank statements (in the black) autopmatically draw attention to the missing two in terms of the 6 recomended by the guidelines... or is it generally acceptable as long as the rest of the criteria is clearly met. Please advise whether that is even a consideration.

This is the last little piece of advice I feel I need.... please can you help?

Thanks again.... Rachel

badboyz2006
Newly Registered

Post by badboyz2006 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:38 pm

If you show a overdraft on your account they will refuse your husband i think you should wait till you clear it or get help with sponsership from a family member. Its best to get the application right first time than risk a refusal. Does your husband have any skill or qualification or any job offer in the UK.

RPatanakar
Newly Registered

Post by RPatanakar » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:26 pm

Husband has good skills - better than mine! (Microsoft Certified Trainer and Architect) but scores low on HMSP.

No family member in position to sponsor. Dad retired and claims incapacity benefit.

My employer (who has also known me several years) likely to act as guarantor - been advised that's good.

But if I open a new bank account, they wont know I am paying off an overdraft elsewhere will they?