ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa refused by considering wrong statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nareshkumark
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa refused by considering wrong statement

Post by nareshkumark » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:26 am

My wife+kids dependent visa has been refused considering my UK statements which is for 2 months & was submitted just to show that my salary was getting credited into my account.
We have submitted icici statement and letter for funds maintenance, which was for 90 day period and has the required bal of over 4.5 lakhs. This was clearly mentioned in my wife's covering letter.
Please advice on how to proceed and what docs to be included while appealing.
Appreciate your quick response

Note:- the application was filed in hyd vfs office

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 am

I think it would help if you could post the exact wording of the refusal notice.

nareshkumark
Newly Registered

Extract of Refusal letter

Post by nareshkumark » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:10 am

You have applied for entry clearance with your child to join your spouse in the United Kingdom. You have submitted bank statements from Lloyds TSB, account number ***** in your husbands name covering a period of 2 months starting from 31 May until 31 Aug 2011 rather than the requested 3 month period. Furthermore during this period, the balance of the account falls below the required 1066 (533 per applicant) from 20 July to 29 July 2011. I am therefore not satisfied that there will be sufficient funds available to you as set out in Appendix E.

I have therefore refused your application, because I am not satisfied , on the balance of probablities, that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the immigration rules.
But, in reality, I have submitted a statement from ICICI bank with more than required balance of approx 4, 70,000 rupees and ECO has looked at a different statement which was submitted along with the payslips (to show that the salary amount is being deposited in my account)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Okay, so now you appeal (if the ICIC statement was included and valid). Frankly, I don't see why you bothered including the husband's Lloyds statement if it did not have the required maintenance but, nevertheless, they should have looked at both in conjunction. Perhaps the initial stage of the appeal known as the ECM review will overturn what looks like an oversight, and if so you will be issued your visa within a much shorter period than if the appeal goes all the way to the FTT in the UK.

nareshkumark
Newly Registered

appeal

Post by nareshkumark » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks for the quick response.
I am planning to submit the below docs for appeal: -
1. 2 IAFT-2's i.e. 1 for wife and 1 for kid
2. Covering letter for appeal
3. Documents submitted with original application
3.a old covering letter highlighting the funds maintenance section
3.b ICICI bank statement submitted
3.c ICICI bank letter
4. New ICICI Bank statement till current date, to show that, the balance hasnt changed

Please advice, if you think this is sufficient or if you think, we need to submit any other docs like marriage certificate, husbands passport copy, my passport copy etc?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:49 pm

........and these statements are (and were when you applied) all originals sent by the bank or printed by you and then certified by the bank?

nareshkumark
Newly Registered

Post by nareshkumark » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Lucapooka wrote:........and these statements are (and were when you applied) all originals sent by the bank or printed by you and then certified by the bank?
the statements were on ICICI bank's original letter heads and also attested by them. We are going to do the same for the latest statement...

nareshkumark
Newly Registered

update

Post by nareshkumark » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 am

Just to update everyone, the appeal has been overturned today i.e. 23-Sep-2011 and we have submitted the passports with the letter received from Chennai Embassy via email on the sameday. Note: - We filed the appeal on 5-Sep-2011 and recevieved acknowledgement on 16-Sep-2011 via post

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:03 am

Well done.

asad2asad
Newly Registered

Post by asad2asad » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 pm

you actually got me worried mate..

i also applied for my dependent and i have provided statements from my two bank accounts as the balance fell bellow required level in main account for few dayz.
tho i did confirmed it from ukba over email and did attach tht and mention in cover letter..hope they will consider both accounts which are uk based..

has any of you applied with two bank account statements?

thanks

nareshkumark
Newly Registered

Post by nareshkumark » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 pm

@asad2asad -> Mine was slightly different. My entire balance was maintained in ICICI bank, but I have also submitted UK Bank acct statement in addition to the payslips (as a proof that, the mentioned salary is deposited in my acct), and ECO overlooked my ICICI statement completely and rejected the application. Note: - We have clearly mentioned that we are submitting ICICI bank statement/letter towards funds maintenance.

But, I have seen people applying with required balance splitted aross 2 different bank accounts (In fact,there were rejections on these cases as ECO considered only 1 statement. Anyhow, since it is the mistake of ECO, appeal has been overturned through this painful and timetaking process).

If you can, show balance in 1 acct only and dont submit any other statements like me :( The simpler the better for case to be handled smoothly by ECO

asad2asad
Newly Registered

Post by asad2asad » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:28 am

Thrs bit silly isnt it!

I actually did email ukba about multiple accounts n they said u hzve show funds no mattter how many accounts.
I did attach the copy of tht mail.. Did mention in cover letter and also added an excel sheet showing sum of end of day bslance..
Visa is in process.. Lets see thn
Will update u:)