ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of status Stamp 2 to Stamp 4 Advice needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Baby Jane
Newly Registered

Change of status Stamp 2 to Stamp 4 Advice needed

Post by Baby Jane » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Dear all,

I have been living in Irelag nd since 2003. I came here aged 15 and on the basis of a joint parent visa. I was first given a GNIB card when I turned 16 and was given a stamp 2. I have since then graduated from college and finished my masters (all in Ireland).

My father has a stamp 4 and has applied for citizenship in 2009 (pending approval). Last year I extened my visa on the basis of a graduate scheme and my GNIB card and visa are both due to expire at the end of October.

I do not know what to do. How do I go about changing my status? I would even agree to a stamp 3 just so it buys me time and I can figure something out

Any advice would be most welcome as the matter is quite urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Baby Jane
Newly Registered

Post by Baby Jane » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Has anyone got any advice/ideas?

Also, a quick question, can the Officer at the GNIB issue a stamp without the letter from INIS? Do they have such authority?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 am

your father will get irishcitizenship just make sure tell him to send the recent payslips,bank statement,last year p60.good luck.if incase your father didnot get irishcitizenship till oct 11.the best advise for you is extend your student visa or you can explain the immigration officer situation they can give you temporary visa.good luck

Muttsnuts

Re: Change of status Stamp 2 to Stamp 4 Advice needed

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 am

Baby Jane wrote:Dear all,

I have been living in Irelag nd since 2003. I came here aged 15 and on the basis of a joint parent visa. I was first given a GNIB card when I turned 16 and was given a stamp 2. I have since then graduated from college and finished my masters (all in Ireland).

My father has a stamp 4 and has applied for citizenship in 2009 (pending approval). Last year I extened my visa on the basis of a graduate scheme and my GNIB card and visa are both due to expire at the end of October.

I do not know what to do. How do I go about changing my status? I would even agree to a stamp 3 just so it buys me time and I can figure something out

Any advice would be most welcome as the matter is quite urgent.

Thank you in advance.
Two options I can see for you in the short term...

Get a job so you can apply for a work permit/green card under the terms of the graduate scheme you're on.

The other option is to apply for a stamp 4 on the basis of the time you have spent here. You should do this by the end of October.

I can only recommend you get a solicitor to make this application.

Baby Jane
Newly Registered

Post by Baby Jane » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey guys!

Thanks for your replies.

I was down at the immiration bureau this morning, and they gave me a stamp 3 until my father sorts his citizenship out. Once he's naturalised, I will be able to apply for a stamp 4.

One question though, directed at IQU, does he send all of those documents on his own initiative or does he wait for them to contact him first?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:21 pm

wohh that great news.your father have to send this document dont wait for request ????????????

Baby Jane
Newly Registered

Post by Baby Jane » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Ok.

Thank you.