ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

County Council Housing for IMMIGRANTS...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PIKKA

County Council Housing for IMMIGRANTS...

Post by PIKKA » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 pm

I just want to discuss a new topic related to council housing whether it is affordable or rental housing schemes. Anybody here applied council housing in the last three years and any response from the County Council. We are experiencing too much trouble in dealing with our local County Council. They are telling us different requirements every time we go to them since 2005, here is a list of requirements:
1- Husband should have Stamp4
2-When husband had Stamp4 they asked for wife's Stamp4 and up to that time deptt had stopped stamp4 for wife in LTR so wife has Stamp3.
3-When we explained to them that the deptt do not give Stamp4 to wives anymore and it took us 3 months to convince them, then they said the husband should have 5 years continuous Stamp4 prior to application.
4-Now husband has Irish Nationality and they are asking for Police Character Certificate not only from Ireland but all previous Countries you have been resided.
5-After Police Character Certificate submitted they asked for
*Vehicle Registration Book
*Any Property/Land in Ireland or abroad
*Have you sold any Property/Land in Ireland or abroad if so then how did you spend your money from it.
*Paying rent up to date.
*Job details
6- After Submitting all those documents they sent some kind of Revenue Form that should be completed by local revenue commissioner and send to Limerick and when they would get the reply from Limerick then they would further process the application.

Now we don't know how many more documents do they need before approval and we still experiencing some kind of discrimination after Irish Citizenship.

One of our Friend recently went to County Council after Irish Citizenship to apply for Council Housing but she said that your wife should have 5 years Stamp4 prior to application??????????????????
PIKKA

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:33 am

Speak to your local TD especially county councilor regarding advise on this matter looks like they are fobbing you off.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:39 am

i applied for county council house year ago.they ask me my partner my son pps number ,passport copy,gnib card copy,apt lease,my landlord details.than i got appointment 2 weeks after they approved my application i am in waiting list for county coucil.i dont know which county council did you applied ???????????? contact with your td or check with another county counil example dunlaoghire,bray,tallaght,finglas ask there requirment.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 am

fatty patty wrote:Speak to your local TD especially county councilor regarding advise on this matter looks like they are fobbing you off.
Solicitor might be worth a chat too. Although you are absolutely correct on calling on County Councillor, you have far too much faith in the COunty Councillor. They fob people off all the time, bar election time.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 am

Thank you for your Suggestions We are going to try both options, so fingers crossed................
PIKKA

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: County Council Housing for IMMIGRANTS...

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:50 pm

PIKKA wrote:I just want to discuss a new topic related to council housing whether it is affordable or rental housing schemes. Anybody here applied council housing in the last three years and any response from the County Council. We are experiencing too much trouble in dealing with our local County Council. They are telling us different requirements every time we go to them since 2005, here is a list of requirements:
1- Husband should have Stamp4
2-When husband had Stamp4 they asked for wife's Stamp4 and up to that time deptt had stopped stamp4 for wife in LTR so wife has Stamp3.
3-When we explained to them that the deptt do not give Stamp4 to wives anymore and it took us 3 months to convince them, then they said the husband should have 5 years continuous Stamp4 prior to application.
4-Now husband has Irish Nationality and they are asking for Police Character Certificate not only from Ireland but all previous Countries you have been resided.
5-After Police Character Certificate submitted they asked for
*Vehicle Registration Book
*Any Property/Land in Ireland or abroad
*Have you sold any Property/Land in Ireland or abroad if so then how did you spend your money from it.
*Paying rent up to date.
*Job details
6- After Submitting all those documents they sent some kind of Revenue Form that should be completed by local revenue commissioner and send to Limerick and when they would get the reply from Limerick then they would further process the application.

Now we don't know how many more documents do they need before approval and we still experiencing some kind of discrimination after Irish Citizenship.

One of our Friend recently went to County Council after Irish Citizenship to apply for Council Housing but she said that your wife should have 5 years Stamp4 prior to application??????????????????
What Discrimination?

You are looking for social housing because you are unable to get onto the property market in the normal way, (like/unlike other Irish Citizens). As an Irish Citizen, he is entitled to fair access/to be considered fairly. He does not have a right to a house (no one has)

You are being required to provide extensive evidence that you are not in a position to get your own house. The request for documents and the specific ones, is perfectly legitimate. Issue is of course is the manner in how they asked for them. Police clearance cert is odd (to be asked form Irish Citizen)

There is nothing wrong with asking a non Irish Citizen to provide evidence of proper integration into the state, ie 5 years. If you were an EU citizen, Article 24 of Directive 2004 /38 EC may save them.

When did husband naturalize?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:Speak to your local TD especially county councilor regarding advise on this matter looks like they are fobbing you off.
Solicitor might be worth a chat too. Although you are absolutely correct on calling on County Councillor, you have far too much faith in the COunty Councillor. They fob people off all the time, bar election time.
I dont have faith in either of them but the reason i mentioned about county councillors is because TDs have there hands full with plethora of other issues whereas a county councillor is specifically there to deal with the issues related to the council itself, also the TD would probably refer it to their party councillors anyway.

Baumbass
BANNED

Post by Baumbass » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Can you give references to a 70 euros landlord in Ireland with an old 15 century house ? Absurd :P