ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surge Global Solutions Client, please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunny1407

Surge Global Solutions Client, please help!

Post by sunny1407 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for my ILR under the pre Nov 2006 HSMP Judicial Review 5 year completion.

For my last extension in 2008 I applied through a consultant in London who made my application via Surge Global Solutions, Ravi Gupta. It was a straightforward case as I have been economically active for the last 2 years but thought it would be a good idea to apply through a accredited lawyer.

Now today just browsing I have realised that Mr Gupta has been sentenced for 4.5 years for forgery and some of his clients have ongoing case.

I am very concerned as you can probably imagine as I was one of the clients but I just trusted the consultant and relied on accreditation of the lawyer. My acceptance letter is addressed to him which I will need to submit with my application for ILR.

I am in a state of panic at the moment as to what to do?? I really hope he did not messed with my application as it was a straightforward one and I only gave my payslips to prove my employment.

Someone please advise as I am still in a state of shock and need some help!!
Last edited by sunny1407 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Ravi Gupta Surge Global Solutions Client, please help!

Post by mk357 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:58 pm

sunny1407 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for my ILR in Dec under the pre Nov 2006 HSMP Judicial Review 5 year completion.

For my last extension in 2008 I applied through a consultant in London who made my application via Surge Global Solutions, Ravi Gupta. It was a straightforward case as I have been economically active for the last 2 years but thought it would be a good idea to apply through a accredited lawyer.

Now today just browsing I have realised that Mr Gupta has been sentenced for 4.5 years for forgery and some of his clients have ongoing case.

I am very concerned as you can probably imagine as I was one of the clients but I just trusted the consultant and relied on accreditation of the lawyer. My acceptance letter is addressed to him which I will need to submit with my application for ILR.

I am in a state of panic at the moment as to what to do?? I really hope he did not messed with my application as it was a straightforward one and I only gave my payslips to prove my employment.

IMHO if all your docs are genuine and verifiable then there is no point of any concern.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:10 pm

IMHO if all your docs are genuine and verifiable then there is no point of any concern.
Thanks have been waiting for the last few hours for someone to reply. My concern is what if he submitted some fake documents with my application along with the genuine ones I gave. Surely I now know that this guy is a crook but I didn't knew it then and trusted him as being accredited by OSIC. He charged me around £500 for the service as well.

I really hope he didn't do that as my case was straightforward, but I am still panicking as hell!

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:35 am

sunny1407 wrote:

Thanks have been waiting for the last few hours for someone to reply. My concern is what if he submitted some fake documents with my application along with the genuine ones I gave. Surely I now know that this guy is a crook but I didn't knew it then and trusted him as being accredited by OSIC. He charged me around £500 for the service as well.

I really hope he didn't do that as my case was straightforward, but I am still panicking as hell!
Why would he submit any fake document when you were eligible for extension based on the genuine documents, I don't really understand? As I said before if all your docs are genuine you need not to worry. Check the list of required docs for ILR and see whether you have all the genuine docs with you which could be verified.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:04 am

Why would he submit any fake document when you were eligible for extension based on the genuine documents, I don't really understand? As I said before if all your docs are genuine you need not to worry. Check the list of required docs for ILR and see whether you have all the genuine docs with you which could be verified.
Thanks for your reply again, yeah I do have all the required documents for the ILR JR (last 5 years p60, Bank Statements, original HSMP approval letter etc) I have been with the same employer for the last nearly 4 and half years and hence will meet the economically active criteria.

But the last covering letter I received from home office has his name and address on it. Surely you can understand my concern for that as someone who has gone to jail for forging documents, having his name on your documents will surely raise some doubts. On the other hand he was a OISC registered lawyer so surely would have dealt with thousands of clients and its not my fault he did some dodgy deals with other clients. I just need some reassurance to be honest as I am a bit stressed out and haven't eaten anything since yesterday coz of this. Didn't even get any good sleep last night. :(

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 am

I think it's safe to say that you can expect heightened scrutiny from the caseworker but if, as already suggested, your application is otherwise a genuine one, you have nothing to worry about. Applications from that agency are not being rejected just because they are from that source. They are still being processed according to the rules. Obviously only those that have been illegally embellished will suffer the consequences. If you know for sure that your application was not embellished then I don't see a problem.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:32 am

I agree with all of the members that if your document are genuine, u dnt have to worry about it.
its a JR case so i dnt think they will go in depth but still b prepared for the explanation.
hope it goes well sunny
Cheers

mk357 wrote:
sunny1407 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for my ILR in Dec under the pre Nov 2006 HSMP Judicial Review 5 year completion.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:57 am

Lucapooka wrote:I think it's safe to say that you can expect heightened scrutiny from the caseworker but if, as already suggested, your application is otherwise a genuine one, you have nothing to worry about. Applications from that agency are not being rejected just because they are from that source. They are still being processed according to the rules. Obviously only those that have been illegally embellished will suffer the consequences. If you know for sure that your application was not embellished then I don't see a problem.
Thank you and Sonofsoil for replies. My case was genuine but I don't know what he might have done with my application. I only paid £500 for the fee so am sure if anything he did nothing more than a covering letter with his name and company's name.

I would have thought someone from homeoffice would have contacted me by now if there was any concern on my application as he was arrested back in nov 2010. Again as I said he was accredited and must have dealt with hundreds of applications, mostly genuine like mine. I have been out and back from the country since nov 2010.

I am still stressed and don't know what to do? oh well I think I am panicking too much, I shouldn't worry if my documents are complete and genuine. I used a accredited lawyer, its not my fault if he turned out to be a rogue person and did something wrong without my knowing.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:21 pm

sunny1407 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:I think it's safe to say that you can expect heightened scrutiny from the caseworker but if, as already suggested, your application is otherwise a genuine one, you have nothing to worry about. Applications from that agency are not being rejected just because they are from that source. They are still being processed according to the rules. Obviously only those that have been illegally embellished will suffer the consequences. If you know for sure that your application was not embellished then I don't see a problem.
Thank you and Sonofsoil for replies. My case was genuine but I don't know what he might have done with my application. I only paid £500 for the fee so am sure if anything he did nothing more than a covering letter with his name and company's name.

I would have thought someone from homeoffice would have contacted me by now if there was any concern on my application as he was arrested back in nov 2010. Again as I said he was accredited and must have dealt with hundreds of applications, mostly genuine like mine. I have been out and back from the country since nov 2010.

I am still stressed and don't know what to do? oh well I think I am panicking too much, I shouldn't worry if my documents are complete and genuine. I used a accredited lawyer, its not my fault if he turned out to be a rogue person and did something wrong without my knowing.
Think of it from his point of view for a minute. He was chargning people a lot of money to make fake documents and get them visas. He had to do this work of forging documents (albeit illegal). Then he gets a client who meets all criteria, why would he go to lengths of forging documents (and importantly not charging you for it)...

i can see ur concern, but if u have all your documents, dont worry. you can demonstrate to the UKBA that you met all requirements at the time anyway....

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks Guys,

I am feeling a lot better today and fingers crossed all should go well. I will try not to think much about it although it will stay in my head until the day I apply.
:roll: