ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizen travelling with non-EU child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

creb99
Newly Registered

Irish citizen travelling with non-EU child

Post by creb99 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Do I understand this correctly?

My wife and I are both Irish citizens, but my 12-year old son is non-EU. We have his citizenship application in, but I don't expect to hear from them before the end of the year.

Now, if we want to travel anywhere in the EU as a family, he will still have to get visas for each applicable country, right? Unless I can get him a EU4FAM card, which takes about just as long as the citizenship application will take?

Do I have that right?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm

What is the citizenship of the child? Are you and your wife the parents of the child, listed on the birth certificate?

Are one of you citizens of another EU member state, other than Ireland?

In any case, travel should be very easy if you all have passports and you have the birth certificate.

Where do you want to go?

creb99
Newly Registered

Post by creb99 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:49 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What is the citizenship of the child? Are you and your wife the parents of the child, listed on the birth certificate?

Are one of you citizens of another EU member state, other than Ireland?

In any case, travel should be very easy if you all have passports and you have the birth certificate.

Where do you want to go?
The child is South African and, yes we are both the parents of he child and listed on the birth cert. We are both Irish citizens.

We would like to visit Italy, Germany and France.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Just curious: What sort of Irish visa or permission or stamp does the child currently have?

I assume the child's citizenship will not take too long.

In general the child does require a visa. It should be easy to apply for and free. You basically just need to provide a parent's passport, the child's passport, and the birth certificate. No fees. No other proof. http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... u-citizen/

When you apply, I would indicate that you will likely be traveling often and request a multiple entry visa valid for the next year.

I don't expect you will have any problem. Please let us know if you do.