ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it acceptable to have the Maintenance funds in savings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uvray
Newly Registered

Is it acceptable to have the Maintenance funds in savings?

Post by uvray » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Is it acceptable to keep the £800 maintenance funds for 3 months
in a savings account or does it need to be in my current account?

I'm thinking that by using a savings account (HSBC) I could avoid having to worry about falling short of the £800 required due to a debit of any kind (water bills, electricity etc.).

I have found this in the guidance provided by the border agency:
Evidence must be in the form of cash funds held in an account (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given).
Does anyone know with certainty that this is indeed the case?
Thanks for your help.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:56 pm

if you have found it in the guidance issued by the UKBA then why are you questioning it? Any well informed answer would refer to the guidance which you already have.

uvray
Newly Registered

I am asking this because

Post by uvray » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Greenie wrote:if you have found it in the guidance issued by the UKBA then why are you questioning it? Any well informed answer would refer to the guidance which you already have.
I have read in this forum of people that were refused their visa for falling under £800 for even one day.
This means they had the funds in their current account but couldn't keep it over £800 for such a long period of time. Therefore, I was wondering if there was a good reason why they didn't keep the funds in their savings account, safe from their current account which is so hard to maintain over £800 for 3 consecutive months...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: I am asking this because

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:23 pm

uvray wrote:
Greenie wrote:if you have found it in the guidance issued by the UKBA then why are you questioning it? Any well informed answer would refer to the guidance which you already have.
I have read in this forum of people that were refused their visa for falling under £800 for even one day.
This means they had the funds in their current account but couldn't keep it over £800 for such a long period of time. Therefore, I was wondering if there was a good reason why they didn't keep the funds in their savings account, safe from their current account which is so hard to maintain over £800 for 3 consecutive months...
the guidance confirms that the money can be held in a savings account. I am not sure what else anyone can say about this.

sehmett

Post by sehmett » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Saving and current accounts are ok. You cannot keep money on deposit accounts where you fix money for the period of 6 months or 1 year not being able to use them.