ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10YRs Long Residency .... more than 18 Month out

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pay

ILR 10YRs Long Residency .... more than 18 Month out

Post by Pay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Dear All

I am planning to apply for ILR in November this year.

I have following problems

1. In the last 10 years during my studies , I have been out of UK for 19 month instead of 18 month.

this was due to me taking too many holidays and one main one for 5 month was due to my father illness that resulted in his death.

2.I also have a gap of 7 month , and this one was due to loss of my passport. I did inform UKBA before my visa did run out and it took me 6 month to get the new passport.

Please advice me if I still would have any chance.

I have all the necessary documents to proof both incidents .

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

freesia11
Newly Registered

Post by freesia11 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Problem 2 is worse than Problem 1.

Problem 1 - You can just delay your ILR application, until your past 10 years absences go back under the 18 month limit. Being over by 30 days isn't really very much.

Problem 2 - Sounds like it needs a good explanatory cover letter. If your status was entirely legal during this gap period, you could probably write this up yourself and provide all the supporting documents with your application. If you overran your visa at any point and stayed illegally - probably best to go and speak to an immigration professional.

You should file a SAR request in any case, if you haven't done one already, to check what information UKBA hold about you during your gap.