ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries - ILR under Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chuchu_law
Newly Registered

Queries - ILR under Tier 2

Post by chuchu_law » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 am

All experienced expert,

I am about to apply for my ILR NEAR end of Oct, just wondering when the employment letter should be issued? There is no guideline on how advance the letter can be issued, I’d like to get it ready so I don’t have to worry about it. there is still 7 weeks to go, if I ask my employer to issue the letter now, would UKBA think it is too early so might consider it not valid?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

xyz123

Re: HELP PLS! -When should the employment letter be issued

Post by xyz123 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 am

chuchu_law wrote:All experienced expert,

I am about to apply for my ILR NEAR end of Oct, just wondering when the employment letter should be issued? There is no guideline on how advance the letter can be issued, I’d like to get it ready so I don’t have to worry about it. there is still 7 weeks to go, if I ask my employer to issue the letter now, would UKBA think it is too early so might consider it not valid?

as u said there is no guideline but it should be as recent as possible. try to get it a week or two before applying.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: HELP PLS! -When should the employment letter be issued

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 pm

xyz123 wrote:
chuchu_law wrote:All experienced expert,

as u said there is no guideline but it should be as recent as possible. try to get it a week or two before applying.
employment letter as principle is valid for three months. Preferably get 6 to 7 weeks before you apply. I It has more valu than the the one issued at a later stage since your payslip issued will be after the date of letter confirming you are in employment. I have been strong supporter that people under JR need no employment letter because their requirement is to be economically active and your pay slip does indicate you are active. Unfortunately now this has become a norm that every one is submitting employment letter. There is no mention of this in any guidance or immigration rules.

freesia11
Newly Registered

Post by freesia11 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Give or take 7 weeks isn't a big deal in my opinion. If you are worried that a caseworker may make an issue out of it, just tell your HR to mention specific a contact and phone number that UKBA can call to verify the information in the letter, if they need to.

chuchu_law
Newly Registered

Post by chuchu_law » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 am

thank you all for the kind advice, I'll request the letter probably about 3-4 weeks prior to the appointment date!

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:51 am

Every company's HR has differ way or working , with mine, they are very fussy issuing refernce letter and can take 3-4 weeks, so i have asked them yesterday so that its up to date for my application in october .

Cheers
chuchu_law wrote:thank you all for the kind advice, I'll request the letter probably about 3-4 weeks prior to the appointment date!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:39 am

[quote="chuchu_law"]Dear experts

I am going to apply for my ILR next week, I am on a contract with my employer and the employment letter states I am still required for the job until xxx 2012.
I’ve seen all the employment letter stating “Mr xx is still required for a foreseeable futureâ€
Life isn't fair, but you can be!