ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost 2 previous passports and how can i Apply ILR on 1o year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Javed butt
Newly Registered

Lost 2 previous passports and how can i Apply ILR on 1o year

Post by Javed butt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:25 am

Dear People,

I came into this county in September 2001 as student.I got married in 2007 and got me spouse visa nov 2007.I lost them 2 passports in 2009 and i reapplied along with all papers then i was given another spouse visa in 2009.
Now the issue is my 2 lost Passports cover period from Dec 2006 to July 2008.
According to home office documents list I must provide any alternative travel documents or Gas,Water,Council bills if i can't provide all passports but unfortunately i don't have none of them as i was just living with friend without any Tenancy agreement all bills were his name.
I can provide a college letter or documents which can cover me from that period.
I also can provide bank statements which can cover me from 2005 to 2011 but I am not sure if home office will accept these two.
I have got previous visas and passport copies.(Lost passports)
Please suggest me what to do?
Thanks a lot

noman-09
Newly Registered

Post by noman-09 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:45 am

javed dont worr?did you got SAR..and just explain in cover letter should be alright dont woory that not big problem home office keep all record. if you see your SAR you find out.ok hope its help

Javed butt
Newly Registered

Post by Javed butt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 am

what do you mean by SAR?
Thanks

bunty4ILR

Re: Lost 2 previous passports and how can i Apply ILR on 1o

Post by bunty4ILR » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:10 am

Javed butt wrote:Dear People,

I came into this county in September 2001 as student.I got married in 2007 and got me spouse visa nov 2007.I lost them 2 passports in 2009 and i reapplied along with all papers then i was given another spouse visa in 2009.
Now the issue is my 2 lost Passports cover period from Dec 2006 to July 2008.
According to home office documents list I must provide any alternative travel documents or Gas,Water,Council bills if i can't provide all passports but unfortunately i don't have none of them as i was just living with friend without any Tenancy agreement all bills were his name.
I can provide a college letter or documents which can cover me from that period.
I also can provide bank statements which can cover me from 2005 to 2011 but I am not sure if home office will accept these two.
I have got previous visas and passport copies.(Lost passports)
Please suggest me what to do?
Thanks a lot
3. You would need to include maximum docs to cover the period such as photocopies of lost passports, visa letters, college letters, bank statements, credit card statements, employment record (Payslips, P60s etc.) medical docs/ GP letter (check with your GP surgery if they could give you a letter - they may charge you for this but worth paying).
4. Request your SAR file asap, it is the information about your immigration history in ten years. Visist the following page and send a simple letter you UKBA with your name, date of birth, nationality, address and Home Office ref no. This charge for this service is 10 quid only.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/

Javed butt
Newly Registered

Post by Javed butt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 am

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your help.
I am actually family member of EEA national and i got spouse visa.
I was granted spouse visa in 2007 and then after couple of months i lost that and previous passport which i reported to police over the phone and also mentioned in the covering letter when i reapplied for spouse visa in 2009 which i was issued and currently i have the valid spouse visa.
I included the police ref or crime no in the cover letter.

Thanks