ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luke79

6 documents for ILR

Post by luke79 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi guys

If you submit a document which is just in the wifes name (she is the ilr seeker), then the document I have to submit in my name for that time period, does it have to be something around the date of the submitted wifes document ?

What is a general rule of thumb ? Would you say the doc in my name would have to be in the same month that the wifes document falls into ?

e.g if her NI letter is dated aug 2009, do i need to find a doc in my name which is also dated aug 2009 ? How does it work..

Hope this makes sense ..

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Rule of thumb? I can tell what I would do and I have both thumbs. If you don't have six documents in joint names citing a common address, then send in six each in your individual names that cite your common address. Or, if that is not possible, send it whatever you have.

If it asks for 6 over two years then the ideal would be one from every four months. However, often the ideal is not something that is possible.

luke79

Post by luke79 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Well I have 6 docs in joint names bur the first doc is after 4 months of wifes entry to uk , so I'm thinking of replacing the first joint document with a document I have in her own name . Ie ni letter which she got a month after coming ,

Now If I submit a doc in just her name , am I correct to understand I too have to attach a doc in my own name too for a similar date?

Or shall I submit 6 joint docs and this wife's ni letter too , your thoughts? Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 pm

luke79 wrote:
Now If I submit a doc in just her name , am I correct to understand I too have to attach a doc in my own name too for a similar date?
No, it's not like that. Generally people just send what they have in either joint names or individual giving as much spread as possible. So just send what you have and obviously you can't send what you don't have! From what you have said, you should be fine.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:00 am

luke79 wrote:Hi all,

my wife arrived in the UK on 17th July 2009 - with a valid spousal visa up untill 3 / 10 / 2011

Just finalising her ILR application prior to submisison by post

Do You think the beneath docs look ok for submission as proof of cohabitation? I have tried my best to find letters in joint names and manage to accumulate all 6, but since the first joint letter is dated just over 4 months of her arriving, do you think I should include something dated a bit sooner in addition, e.g her NI letter she got a month after arriving..

Submitting 7 instead of 6 shouldnt be an issue ?

Here is what we are going with..

20/08/09 - NI Letter in her name

The beneath 6 docs are in joint names

28/11/09 - eon electric

22/03/10 - gas bill

22/07/10 - child tax letter from hmrc

22/12/10 - gas bill

17/03/11 - council tax bill

05/08/11 - water bill

Also is it worth including a letter from NHS which she got confirming the birthing centre we need to attend for her delivery of our second child in a few weeks time?

Let me know your thoughts..

Thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!