ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth certificate and passport for new born baby

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkks
Newly Registered

Birth certificate and passport for new born baby

Post by jkks » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi, I have got the UK birth certificate for my new born baby last week. I just noticed no where in the certificate the birth country(UK) is mentioned. Would it be an issue (school admission, etc.) in case if I move back to my home country(India)?

I am planning to get the passport and register the nationality for my baby. I think I can apply for both at the same time?? Do I need to do in order, I mean 1st register the nationality and then passport?

Thanks

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm

UK birth certificates - long one will show the hospital short one does not.Given that the birth was registered in the UK it will be obvious that the child is born in the UK and will be supported by UK issued passport so should be clear to everyone
pennyless

jkks
Newly Registered

Post by jkks » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for your response. Can you response for the 2nd query please? Can I apply for both birth indian nationality registration and passport at the same time?