ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

in contact with partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rehan2

in contact with partner

Post by rehan2 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 pm

i am applying for my husbands visa. i have been told that i should provide evidence which shows that we have been in contact. i just wanted to ask what exactly can i show?

also is it ok if i actually fly over to my partner so we could submit the papers together? Its been over 8 months since we havent met? and we have been married for 3 years now.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 pm

HI,

Send itemised phones bills showing calls to each other (mobile phone bills also show text messages sent), postal letters/cards with envelopes, msn/skype chats, flight tickets, boarding passes, booking confirmation etc. Any photos of you together throughout the marriage also. All of these will help show you are in contact continuously.

By all means fly out if you wish to lodge papers together, although I am pretty sure most, if not all, visa application centres won't allow you in, only the applicant (hubbie).

I went though, just to make sure everything was in his file, and waited outside for him having a coffee lol :D

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi
well i have the greeting cards but i havent kept the envlopes. also i have phone bills as well. also a record of text messages sent from my phone. we do talk via skype as well but i dont know how to get the history on skype? or do i take screen shots for conversation/video calls we have?

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Rehan, Id put them in anyway without the enevlopes, and screen shots of conversation are fine.

Im not sure about the history of skype conversation, try google and see if it tells you how to find it and print it, if you can! :D

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:10 pm

which version of skype do u hav??

verson 4.0 wil show history...and v5.5 wont..:)