ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for child benefit - Birth certificate not available

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghusn
Newly Registered

Applying for child benefit - Birth certificate not available

Post by raghusn » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:14 am

We received our ILR a few days back. We are trying to apply for child benefit for my son. Unfortunately we don't have his birth certificate. He was born in the middle-east and his school never returned this which was submitted to them at admission. Since he had the passport as the proof of his date of birth we never bothered about this so far.

We would be very thankful for advice about any options available to me in this situation.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:10 pm

You normally need to send birth certificate. Try the HMRC Website Child Benefit Department, there should be a number to ring, and they'll be able to advise you h

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Child Benefit Helpline is 0845 3021 444.

raghusn
Newly Registered

Post by raghusn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:18 am

STLewis, Thanks. WE called the helpline and were advised to post my son's passport instead of the birth certificate and have done so.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:38 am

Hopefully that will sort it!