ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Banker's Draft Wording Mess Up - PLEASE ADVISE MODS/SENIORS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hunter007
Newly Registered

Banker's Draft Wording Mess Up - PLEASE ADVISE MODS/SENIORS

Post by Hunter007 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Hello,
I just came across someone else's post making me realise I may have made a serious blunder.
I applied ILR 10yrs on Set(O) on 9th Aug...payment made by Banker's Draft made out to "Home Office Leave to Remain" the same as for Postal orders & cheques, completely overlooking that it needs to be made out to "Home Office" instead.

I got an acknowledgement letter too....been waiting 4.5 weeks now, really stressing that maybe now my application is in a batch of those that need to be sent back as invalid. Already checked with Barclays my bank and they're unable to tell me whether the draft has been encashed or not and when (standard policy for all banker's drafts issued)

I'm extra worried coz I applied just days before my visa was due to expire, so I assumed that i'd be on 3C leave but the payment issue may mean that I get my application sent back and my stay deemed invalid.

- What can I do at this stage, is it possible to contact UKBA about this, if so on what number?
- Have senior members or moderators come across people paying by banker's draft and screwing up on the same issue or have they been fine...coz techinically if postal orders & cheques can be made out to "Home Office Leave to remain" then surely they can still encash the Banker's draft made out to the same wording too...?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!