ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC and Driving offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DVirchand

BC and Driving offence

Post by DVirchand » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 am

Dear All

I am due to apply for my BC in Nov 2011.

I have SP30 Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road - 3 Points on my driving licnese in Dec 2008. Should I desclose this or not on AN form? If I should which section I should write this and what should I write? Is this somthing going to stop me from getting BC?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advise and help

Best regards
Dipesh

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 am

If this was dealt with as Fixed Penalty Notice then you don't need to worry. If you went to court then you will have to wait for the offence to be spent.

DVirchand

Post by DVirchand » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:07 am

Thank you for your prompt reply.

As far as I remember I did not go to the Court. I recieved £60 fine and 3 point by post.

Should still disclose it on AN form ? Where and what to write on this form?

Thank you

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:14 am

Please read the form and guidance AN. The answer to your query is there is plain english.

DVirchand

Post by DVirchand » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:44 am

Thank you I will refer to the guidance AN.

In Dec 2011, I will be 3 years since I received SP30 3 points/£60 fine fixed pently. Do I stilll need to declose this after 3 years ?

Thank you

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Please refer to my previous post. :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 am

DVirchand wrote:Dear Sir/Madam.

I am completing my British Citizenship application form (AN form) but I am confuse about Section 3 Good. Character.

I have received fixed penalty notice for SP30 speeding in December 2008 but I did not go to court for this. My question is I should disclose this information on my AN form or not? if YES what I should write on the form?

According to

a) UKBA website - You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court.

b) Guide_an - You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices will not normally be taken in to account, unless you have had more than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case you may wish to wait to make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12 month period before applying. Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must provide the paper counterpart.

I would greatly appreciate of your advice/guideline in below mentioned matter.

I look forward for your reply in near future.

Thanking you
Dipesh
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

DVirchand, you do not need to disclose this on the form if you did not go to court and there was no court Judgement made against you. Your have quoted the answer to your question. Members on here have answered your question, how many response do you need to be calm.

You can disclose this on section 3 but i believe it is not a conviction and would not be a problem. I believe it is up to you to decide what action to take.

Goodluck.