ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USC w/ dependents married UKC: Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PhillytoManchester
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

USC w/ dependents married UKC: Spouse Visa

Post by PhillytoManchester » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm a US citizen and my husband is UK citizen.

I submitted an application via priority service. It was received and processing as of 3:28pm NY time on Thursday (Sept 8th). Now I'm finding myself second guessing everything when I thought I had a strong application just days ago. Can anyone offer any assurance on some of the hurdles I keep going over before I drive myself mad?

1. Relationship. I have no doubt that we've proven that there is a genuine relationship. We have talked every day in some form or another since it began. We provided email logs, chat logs, landline phone records, mobile phone records, Skype World subscription receipt, and handwritten letters. There was also a promise ring receipt & message I received in April, pre-engagement. I've flown to England twice, he to the US once. We married August 12th. I included the marriage certificate, wedding invitation, and wedding pictures. There were also numerous pictures of us as a couple and with family. I included flight and hotel itineraries, e-tickets, etc.. It's clear we've met and love each other.

My worry is that our relationship started online and it didn't officially start as a couple until March 2011 (we were friends first). The truth is, during my June visit, we decided we couldn't be apart anymore and sped things up. I concluded a divorce (legal documentation of being separated long before we knew each other was provided in application). I worry that they will refuse because our relationship is short in length and developed online (and maybe hold the divorce against me since it didn't finalize until we were together).

2. Financial. I have 3 children of whom I have sole custody of. I have hopes of UK husband adopting them. I have always provided for them here in the US without public funds. UK husband cannot cover all the costs alone, so I have a letter of confirmation of employment for the UK. I have a photography & graphic design business here that I will be moving to the UK, but it takes time to get clients, so I've taken a more stable job in the mean time. We meet the requirements with about £400+ to spare each month.

We provided sponsor's 3 P60's, original job contract from 5 years ago, reference letter stating employment is continuing as of recent, 6 months of bank records, and 6 months of pay slips. For me, I included proof I own and operate a business in the US, bank statements, resume, student ID (part time distance learning student), and letter confirming UK employment.

Between the two of us, there was roughly $16,000 in our bank accounts. I also included the title of my vehicle and the blue book value as I'm selling it before leaving (will get about 13k if I lower the price for a quick sale).

Even with money left over and all of our bases covered, I worry with 3 children, they will be overly cautious and refuse us even if we meet the requirements with money to spare & some savings.

Has anyone made it over with children from a previous marriage?

3. Accommodation. This is one thing I am confident on. We have a 6 month tenancy agreement for 3 bedroom house (large bedrooms) in both of our names. Landlord also provided a letter stating he knew the children and I would be living there.

Thank you for any help/assurance!