ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extn form : Need further inputs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshep

Tier 1 Extn form : Need further inputs

Post by sureshep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:58 am

Hi,

I have started reading this never ending form Tier 1 (General) version 04/11.

I have following set of queries. Please need your suggestions/inputs.

1) How the application form should be printed. Color or black and white print. Sorry for this stupid question.

2) How should the application be filled. Blue or Black ball point pen. Any preference with only capital letters ?

3) Check boxes : Should I put X or just provide a tick mark ?

4) There are plenty of option which is mandatory or if applicable. However there are few sections which are not relavant at the moment and can be kept blank for my case. For example:
Page 8, A19 - Please give full details of any dependants’ applications submitted with this form (It doesn't say if applicable)
Current Situation : I have dependents in my home country and I will therefore apply dependent's application from overseas but not now. Should I still mention my dependendents or not ?

5) Page 7 : Circle amount
This one has options : £ 1000, £1300, £900 etc.,
Clarification : It doesn;t have check boxes. Should I simply round off £ 1300 option ?

6) Page 13 : Home telephone number, Mobile phone number, Work tele phone
Current Situation : I don't have any landline currently at my address, Work telephone (I am self employed mostly work at home and less in office). Should I keep simply blank ?

7) Page 15 : Applican't main occupation.
I am an IT contractor and get paid for the work I do. Below are the 2 options which I found very close to my profession.Which one should I choose?
Science and technology professionals
Science and technology associate professionals.

8) Page 16 : C1 Under what nationality did the applicant enter UK ?
Sorry for asking this, is it the applicant's home country ?

9) Page 21: D9 For what purpose did the applicant enter the Uk ?
Situation : I didn't had any job at that moment when I entered UK for the first time, started searching for the jobs and finally landed with a one oppurtunity. What should key in there ?

10) Page 33 : H4 Qualification assessment.
It has 4 options which says mandatory, however only 2 are relavant for me.
Original certificate of award
Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application
Can I tick only above 2 options ?

11) Page 37- 38 : Evidence of earnings section --- J8
Problem : Same as above section. There are various options which seems to be mandatory. However, only 4 options are relavant for my case.

12) Page 53 (Proof of documents to be mentioned): Section 7
Marriage or civil certificates ?
Current Situation : Certificate is issued by Mandal revenue officer (Govt of India) and native language instead of English. Will this be okay ? Or document has to be transcripted ?

13) My dependents are in India and they never entered to UK till date. I will be submitting the dependent's application from overseas once my extn gets approved. Will this be a problem for my extn application process ? I have read one of the posts by chundurb in this forum where case worker has given the refusal comments as :
*** You are married and not applied for dependants, assuming your family staying in India. Have you had any relationship in UK ...
**** Expecting these details to be provided if I appeal. They mention about the Human Rights and questions like is there would be a social threat if leave not granted.....
How to tackle the situation ? Will it repeat in my case as well. There is no rule as such in policy guidelines. Pls clarify.

Regards,
Suresh

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 am

That is a lot of holes in your understanding and on very basic issues that are laid out clearly in the guidance and on the form itself. Really, if you need this much help, you are in peril of making mistakes on the more important and difficult questions and it might be better to use a service.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi,

Do you know or recommend any of the advisors who are very strong and experienced in handling extension cases especially for Self employed ?

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:17 am

sureshep wrote:Hi,

Do you know or recommend any of the advisors who are very strong and experienced in handling extension cases especially for Self employed ?
For godsakes man; you are a 'member of standing' and yet some of the questions you have asked are quite astonishing.

I am trying hard to understand how you manage to find contract work and yet you don't know that it doesn't matter what colour the visa form is printed in!

You need help bro.... and fast!!
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 am

beecharmer1800bc wrote: For godsakes man; you are a 'member of standing' and yet some of the questions you have asked are quite astonishing.
Why are you rudely hijacking this thread to criticize? The amount of posts a person makes is not relevant to their knowledge base in immigration law. Anyone who posts sufficient good luck messages with a smiley face or thumbs-up emoticon will become a member of standing or guru. It's meaningless and you should not be attacking people for asking questions just because the forum software has credited them with something they did not need or require.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 am

Lucapooka wrote:
beecharmer1800bc wrote: For godsakes man; you are a 'member of standing' and yet some of the questions you have asked are quite astonishing.
Why are you rudely hijacking this thread to criticize? The amount of posts a person makes is not relevant to their knowledge base in immigration law. Anyone who posts sufficient good luck messages with a smiley face or thumbs-up emoticon will become a member of standing or guru. It's meaningless and you should not be attacking people for asking questions just because the forum software has credited them with something they did not need or require.
I don't understand what your rant is about mate.

I note from your first response to this member that you too questioned his/her understanding of 'very basic' issues.

This is an immigration forum and if he/she has spent enough time here to become a 'member of standing' then that indicates to me that he/she should know what colour a form should be printed in!

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:06 am

Lucapooka wrote:
People post all sorts of questions here; answers to which they can find if they take the time to do some 'work'.

A lot of what I know till date, I learned just by reading other people's comments and doing some research of my own.

Surely, it's not too much to ask from someone who claims to be on a 'highly skilled' visa to do some homework before posting a question like what colour of pen a visa form should be filled with?

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extn form : Need further inputs

Post by mk357 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:50 pm

sureshep wrote:Hi,

I have started reading this never ending form Tier 1 (General) version 04/11.

I have following set of queries. Please need your suggestions/inputs.

1) How the application form should be printed. Color or black and white print. Sorry for this stupid question.

I personally prefer B&W to save money on colour printing

2) How should the application be filled. Blue or Black ball point pen. Any preference with only capital letters ?

Black is preferred with Capital Letters

3) Check boxes : Should I put X or just provide a tick mark ?

Depends on the application form. For example Passport Application requires a X while an ILR application would ask for a Tick. Please check your application which one are you using. IMHO either should be fine.

4) There are plenty of option which is mandatory or if applicable. However there are few sections which are not relavant at the moment and can be kept blank for my case. For example:
Page 8, A19 - Please give full details of any dependants’ applications submitted with this form (It doesn't say if applicable)
Current Situation : I have dependents in my home country and I will therefore apply dependent's application from overseas but not now. Should I still mention my dependendents or not ?

No, if you are not applying for their Visa extension with you.

5) Page 7 : Circle amount
This one has options : £ 1000, £1300, £900 etc.,
Clarification : It doesn;t have check boxes. Should I simply round off £ 1300 option ?

Yes

6) Page 13 : Home telephone number, Mobile phone number, Work tele phone
Current Situation : I don't have any landline currently at my address, Work telephone (I am self employed mostly work at home and less in office). Should I keep simply blank ?

Provide whatever numbers you have and leave the rest blank.

7) Page 15 : Applican't main occupation.
I am an IT contractor and get paid for the work I do. Below are the 2 options which I found very close to my profession.Which one should I choose?
Science and technology professionals
Science and technology associate professionals.

IMHO Science and Technology are way out. Are you sure there is no IT profession in that?

8) Page 16 : C1 Under what nationality did the applicant enter UK ?
Sorry for asking this, is it the applicant's home country ?

Yes. The passport that you used to enter the UK.

9) Page 21: D9 For what purpose did the applicant enter the Uk ?
Situation : I didn't had any job at that moment when I entered UK for the first time, started searching for the jobs and finally landed with a one oppurtunity. What should key in there ?

I would say permanent settlement.

10) Page 33 : H4 Qualification assessment.
It has 4 options which says mandatory, however only 2 are relavant for me.
Original certificate of award
Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application
Can I tick only above 2 options ?

If you have previously provided your degrees/certificate then you don't need to submit it again. If you have achieved extra qualification in the UK then you should submit that for the higher points. Tick only which ever is relevant to you.

11) Page 37- 38 : Evidence of earnings section --- J8
Problem : Same as above section. There are various options which seems to be mandatory. However, only 4 options are relavant for my case.

Tick whichever is relevant to you. Mandatory means you have to fill the section and cannot skip it but it doesn't mean that you should tick or qualify all of them

12) Page 53 (Proof of documents to be mentioned): Section 7
Marriage or civil certificates ?
Current Situation : Certificate is issued by Mandal revenue officer (Govt of India) and native language instead of English. Will this be okay ? Or document has to be transcripted ?

I am not sure whether you are applying for the wife visa or not, with your extension. All documents, other then English language, have to be translated by an Authorised / Registered Translator to English without which they would not be accepted. By the way if you are not applying for your wife visa with your extension then I think you don't need the marriage certificate with your application. You would however need this when you are applying for your wife visa

13) My dependents are in India and they never entered to UK till date. I will be submitting the dependent's application from overseas once my extn gets approved. Will this be a problem for my extn application process ? I have read one of the posts by chundurb in this forum where case worker has given the refusal comments as :
*** You are married and not applied for dependants, assuming your family staying in India. Have you had any relationship in UK ...
**** Expecting these details to be provided if I appeal. They mention about the Human Rights and questions like is there would be a social threat if leave not granted.....
I dont't know the details of that individual case but IMHO it should be fine if you apply after extension in the present visa. However, you have to prove to the EC officer in India that the marriage is subsistence and you are in regular contact with your wife and children. This could be in the form of money transfer, telephone calls, your visit to your home country etc.

How to tackle the situation ? Will it repeat in my case as well. There is no rule as such in policy guidelines. Pls clarify.

Regards,
Suresh
Good Luck.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Great job mk357 !!

Thank you very much for your inputs.

I still believe, there are many people in the earth and around the society who help eachother for good causes.

Cheers,

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:47 pm

sureshep wrote:Great job mk357 !!

Thank you very much for your inputs.

I still believe, there are many people in the earth and around the society who help eachother for good causes.

Cheers,
And do you believe that there are ignorant and lazy people too?

:wink: