ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Abit confused about benefits..

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

general

Abit confused about benefits..

Post by general » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 am

Hi

I apologize if this has been answered before but my situation is a little complicated.

My wife and son were granted there visas and are now here in the uk. What i wanted to know was I am claiming working family tax credit and child tax credits for three of my children who are BC's and child benefit, can I claim child benefit for my son who has joined me and family tax credit for the wife.
I have read that child benefit is not considered a public fund and working families tax credit for immigration purposes. I don't want to have problems when applying for indefinite leave to remain.

Also as regards to Nhs will the wife and my son have to pay for medical treatment?

Thanks