ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I forgot my dates- 10 years long stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scraggy
Newly Registered

I forgot my dates- 10 years long stay

Post by scraggy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:39 am

Hi,
Am planning to apply ILR under long stay category - 10 years. I requested SAR but the information they gave me was incomplete, lots of dates missing.

Problem is I can't remember the exact dates I travelled, and unsure length travelled outside UK. I tried to calculate roughly- would be more than 18 months and tried to squeeze brain bit more- a bit less than 18 months.

Emails also can only go back from 2004. Can't find anything to help. Any advice?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:18 am

SAR may help. Request for exit and entry dates from records held by UKBA.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

scraggy
Newly Registered

Post by scraggy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:23 am

hiya..

Thanks, already requested SAR but as mentioned lots of dates are missing. No stamps in passport either to help? So bit stuck

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: I forgot my dates- 10 years long stay

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 am

scraggy wrote:I requested SAR but the information they gave me was incomplete, lots of dates missing.
Apologies! I missed reading this important fact before responding!

:cry:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

freesia11
Newly Registered

Post by freesia11 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 pm

IMHO, if there is NO evidence in your passport(s) of trips abroad, and NO record of those absences on the SAR file, and you have NO hard physical evidence of trips abroad other than somewhat vague memories... then there is no point in making up rough dates. You might as well not bother to declare it.

jojobabyb
Newly Registered

Post by jojobabyb » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I just received the SAR pack today but there are lots of missing dates for me too! In fact, a lot of them are missing, all the trips I made to other European cities were not recorded (although I had stamps on my passport, and thus I would be putting them on the list of days of absence). But some trips that I made back home (Hong Kong) were not recorded, not copies of landing cards or whatsoever. What should I do???