ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help! Visas Expiring 04 Oct

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Please Help! Visas Expiring 04 Oct

Post by leicester_boy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Dear All,

My Tier 1 General visas are expiring on 04 Oct.

I did go to PEO Solihull yesterday for an extension. But I was told that they are unable to verify my M.COM degree and was told to submit the application by post, so they could verify and award the necessary points.

I did post my application yesterday and I know that I will not receive the Biometric card / passport before 04 Oct.

My concern is can I continue to work post 04 Oct till I receive a decision from UKBA? My employer asked me this question and I didn't know an answer.

I cannot really afford to sit at home without a pay till a decision is arrived at?!

Thanks in advance for your reply..

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 am

As long as you have submitted your application by post, You are legally allowed to live and work beyond your visa expiry date.
Ensure you are submitting all the documents as required by Home Office before posting.
If Not We, Then Who?

alinet_99
Newly Registered

Post by alinet_99 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Do they really need your degree for an extension ?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

When you applied initially for Tier 1 General, did you claim points based on the same degree or not?

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Your immigration status remains the same until you get the outcome of your application. In your case you can continue work until you receive a reply from UKBA whether it comes before or after 4th October.
lets get together for migrants' rights

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 pm

thanks All for the feed back.

Yes, we do need a degree certificate when claiming points.

When I applied first for visa 3 years ago I claimed points for bachelor's degree. In the past 2 years I completed a master's degree so claiming points for master's degree this time. I have submitted original degree certificates, transcript and also a UK NARIC comparison letter.

Other documents include: 12 months bank statements, 12 months pay slips, marriage certificate and my daughters birth certficate & council tax bill.

Also, if I receive a Biometric request does it mean my application has been approved?

thanks guys..

LostInCountry

Post by LostInCountry » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 am

leicester_boy wrote:thanks All for the feed back.

Also, if I receive a Biometric request does it mean my application has been approved?
No.