ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thling06
Newly Registered

Biometric card

Post by thling06 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi,

I have made an appointment for the 7th of october in Glasgow for FLR(M). However, on the application form, it seems I need a biometric card. The problems arises that my husband is flying back home for a short break on the 12th of October.

Please advise if the immigration officers will return my husband's documents upon seeing them or do they keep them while processiong the Biometrics? Or I don't need one as I am part of commonwelath. Or Glasgow tends to get them done on the day itself.

Thanks.

Elena345
Newly Registered

Post by Elena345 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Are you applying for the FLR in person at the Glasgow office? If so, they will return all your documents on the day if they are able to reach a decision. If they feel that your case isn't straightforward, they may pass it on to another office and they will have to keep your documents. However, if they give you a positive decision, they will return your documents and advise you that your biometric card will be posted to you. They won't issue you the biometric card on the day. You will probably receive the card within 7 working days, unless there's a delay.

In my case there was a delay, but I got my card in the post today. I don't know what caused the delay, but I did get my card.