ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent proof of earnings question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cuberoot

Urgent proof of earnings question

Post by cuberoot » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:52 am

Hi

I have an urgent question regarding proof of earnings. I am going to submit my application at the end of the month.

The tax year in South Africa ends 28 Feb. The tax return will only show earnings until 28 Feb. For the months after that I can submit payslips and bank statements as proof. I can also submit pay increase letters from my employer stating gross annual income. Will that be sufficient to prove income after 28 Feb?

I also have another question.The due date for tax return submissions is 14 July. I have submitted my return online already, but I will not receive the verification from the revenue service until next year. I can print the online return and get it stamped by my local tax office. Would HO accept this? I can also submit the original tax certificate from my employer. Called an IRP5 in SA, but its basically like a P60 in the UK.

I am just a bit worried about submitting too much proof and too many complicated tax documents. The values are all similar, but there are discrepencies due to various salary deductions being tax free.

What should I do? The clearest indication of my income can be seen on my salary slips and bank statements. But I have seen that a tax document helps "bullet-proof" your case. Should I submit my tax certificate from employer, or the printed out tax return stamped by my local tax office. Or both?

Summertime
Newly Registered

Tax returns

Post by Summertime » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi

I did not submit tax returns due to the same problems you have. I wrote in my covering letter why I did not and further stapled a bank statement to each payslip. I also supplied a letter detailing my package, signed and stamped by the company HR manager.

My application was approved.

Regards

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Hi Summertime

Great. Im glad Im not the only one that has experienced this problem. I will then submit my salary slips, bank statements and letters from my employer stating my annual salary package.

How long was your covering letter? Did you make use of one long covering letter for your entire application, or did you submit a short letter for each section where you claimed points?

xentrix66
Newly Registered

Post by xentrix66 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:17 pm

Cuberoot - I have same concern now as you did a year ago with the IRP5. Is this what you submitted? Were you successful?