ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nimai
Newly Registered

passport

Post by nimai » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

dear all,
is it possible to apply for express passport application paying additional fees for a naturalised applicant.I am in urgent need to travel on the first week of october.will they consider my application for faster processing?any thoughts?
nimai

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:51 pm

They will process it if you a reasonable reason and is able to provide booking information (flights/hotel). I think they do it in around 2 days or so, why don't you just call the passport office?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:20 pm

they do not offer extensions. however, if you go to the passport office with all the necessary documentation, and proof of travel, the passport would issue quicker.
I once had to get my child's irish passport in a day, and with an additional fee, got it the same day (our plane was on that evening).
It looks that you still have two weeks till travelling, so there should be no problem to get it in time.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:51 pm

agniukas wrote:they do not offer extensions. however, if you go to the passport office with all the necessary documentation, and proof of travel, the passport would issue quicker.
I once had to get my child's irish passport in a day, and with an additional fee, got it the same day (our plane was on that evening).
It looks that you still have two weeks till travelling, so there should be no problem to get it in time.
2 WEEKS NOT ENOUGH THE PASSPORT IS TAKING 3 WEEKS RIGHT NOW.
peace on you

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:26 pm

yes it is taking 3 weeks right now.but if you attach the reason with application you will be issue within 8-10 days