ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about what options I'm left with.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Orion46
Newly Registered

Confused about what options I'm left with.

Post by Orion46 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm a South African married to a British citizen since 2005. We got married in SA & lived there until 2008. Thereafter we moved to the UK & I entered on a Settlement spouse's visa. After my two first two years in the UK I extended my visa rather then obtaining ILR for financial reasons, thinking that I would just do it when my renewal came round again.(I've also done the Life In The UK Test in the meantime)
However unfortunately it seems like we might be separating. There are no reasons like violence etc. & we don’t have any children, just she felt we're drifting apart. I will now have to change my immigration status to remain in the UK but don’t know where to start. I'm working full time & have been with the same company since 2008 now. I'm also studying with the Open University & will miss my exams if I have to leave the country. I also have debt/contracts that I don’t want to leave behind. I want to do everything legally but don’t know what I should do...
Please help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!