ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I got my Naturalization Approval i need help :)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

craicindublin

I got my Naturalization Approval i need help :)

Post by craicindublin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello guys and girls :) I got my naturalization approval last week and they were looking for 950 euros bank draft :) now my question is that people that i know (including my irish wife) are saying that i do not need to give money etc etc .... I just wanna know that i have been married for almost 8 years do i still need to get naturalization certificate etc even though i am married to an irish citizen for years ?? i have heard you can apply for citizenship after 3 years of being married to an irish citizen is that true ? if its tru than how do you apply for it ?? i have been married for so long but i dunno how to go about that i got the 950 euros draft done on sat from ulsted bank but just before i post it i wanted to make sure that i still need to go through this process ???
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Congratulations.
There is no other way around paying the 950 euros. everyone has to pay, even the spouses of irish nationals who apply after 3 years of marriage. So if you want to become irish, you have to pay.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:41 pm

na i am happy being who i am, thank you for your kind reply, so i guess everyone has to pay to get the naturalization certificate which you can apply after 8 years of being married to an irish citizen (or stamp 4) mine arent even 8 yet but they sent me letter of approval and request for bankers draft, so after this now i have to wait for the cermony etc and than i will get the certificate?? what if i dont want the passport ?? can i just keep that as a proof of residence ?? or do i still need to go to the GNIB everytime my passport expires for another stamp ?? can you please help me in understanding this matter ???

Baumbass
BANNED

Post by Baumbass » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:38 pm

craicindublin wrote:na i am happy being who i am, thank you for your kind reply, so i guess everyone has to pay to get the naturalization certificate which you can apply after 8 years of being married to an irish citizen (or stamp 4) mine arent even 8 yet but they sent me letter of approval and request for bankers draft, so after this now i have to wait for the cermony etc and than i will get the certificate?? what if i dont want the passport ?? can i just keep that as a proof of residence ?? or do i still need to go to the GNIB everytime my passport expires for another stamp ?? can you please help me in understanding this matter ???
Well, if you did not apply for CON, they'll never deal with your application and by the way, if you're a spouse of an Irish Citizen, you're qualify to apply for CON after 3 year reckonable, well, you can write the INIS, and i bet you each time you will be renewed temprarilly for that 8 years in the state, beside that i have never heard of 8 year temporary residency permit in any country in the world and then wrote at the bottom of the letter that, the letter itself must never be used for purposes than to register with garda immigration, so what's your use of applying for CON and residency from the way you wrote or asked for opinion, hope that will help you a bit, am not been funny or arrogant.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:42 pm

so basically i must apply for the passport once i will get the naturalization cert ?? i cant keep that as a proof of LEAVE THE REMAIN WITH NO TIME CONDITION ??
Do i still have to get visas on my original passport to stay in this country every time it expires or once i will get the cert i can consider my self LEAVE TO REMAIN ?? What about the garda card ?? will i still need that after my naturalization is approved and cert is given after the cermony ??

Baumbass
BANNED

Post by Baumbass » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:15 pm

craicindublin wrote:so basically i must apply for the passport once i will get the naturalization cert ?? i cant keep that as a proof of LEAVE THE REMAIN WITH NO TIME CONDITION ??
Do i still have to get visas on my original passport to stay in this country every time it expires or once i will get the cert i can consider my self LEAVE TO REMAIN ?? What about the garda card ?? will i still need that after my naturalization is approved and cert is given after the cermony ??

My Hounorable friend, since your CON is approved, apply for our EIRE passport, and you will no longer have anything to do with GNIB or leave to remain again, you will be entitled to freedom of movement, settlement and work in the entire European super state under article 20 (2) (a) TFEU and then repeated in article 21 of the achypelago , plus you can still keep your country of birth passport if dual-nationality is allowed, just to enter and out of your birth nation for exemptions of visas. Hope that help or clarify your answers. :D

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:38 pm

thank you very much i really appreciate your help man.
regards

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

oh man you should get irish passport.its so easily for your future you dont have to stand in gnib or reentry queues again.you dont need visa to eu country.you can easily move to another country.you dont have to wait in airport non eu national queues.good luck enjoy your irishness

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:39 pm

once you are issued with the CON, GNIB wouldn't deal with you any more.
once you get your irish passport, you can apply for without condition stamp in your national passport free of charge.