ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - and driving offences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldeneye6954
Newly Registered

Citizenship - and driving offences

Post by goldeneye6954 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi,

I have been charged for 2 driving offences which I am yet to plead guilty or not, and the hearing is in about 3 weeks time. There is a possiblity of fine or points or both.

At the same time I am about to apply for my citizenship.

Will it be possible, that I apply now and therefore not declaring 3.6 on AN form but declaring 3.8? -

This is in consideration that though I received the letter of being charged and the court date is in 3 weeks time, or could be later, if I get lawyers involved, that I have in no way mislead the UKBA?

Your earliest response in this truly appreciated.

Thanks
GE

khankhattak

Re: Citizenship - and driving offences

Post by khankhattak » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 pm

goldeneye6954 wrote:Hi,

I have been charged for 2 driving offences which I am yet to plead guilty or not, and the hearing is in about 3 weeks time. There is a possiblity of fine or points or both.

Will it be possible, that I apply now and therefore not declaring 3.6 on AN form but declaring 3.8? -

This is in consideration that though I received the letter of being charged and the court date is in 3 weeks time, or could be later, if I get lawyers involved, that I have in no way mislead the UKBA?

Thanks
GE
i think this guied can give u some information relates u read 3.6 section thanks
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Citizenship - and driving offences

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:50 am

goldeneye6954 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
GE
You will tick NO in 3.6 but you will have to tick YES in 3.8
Not ticking YES in 3.8 will be deception as you have already been charged. Once the UKBA have received your application, they will not make a final decision until the court case is finalised. Basically no point in applying as you will only loose your fees. The whole thing rests on the outcome of your court case. May I ask what are the charges?