ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweety.trivedi10
Newly Registered

Tier1 General extension

Post by sweety.trivedi10 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi ,

I am applying for my Tier1 general extension this week . Please advise if the covering letter below is correct or there are any suggestions on the same.

My visa is due to expire on 3 october 2011 . got visa in oct 2008.Pleae advise...
Last edited by sweety.trivedi10 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 pm

All the information you include here is included in the application form. Why waste someone's time with a long letter - they won't read it. Unless there is something you want to point out, don't bother with a covering letter. Especially in this long format, it will simply be thrown out and they will refer to the application any way (the application form is specifically there so that people don't come with long convoluted stories about when, why and how they were born - they can just refer to the relevant spot on the application form if they are interested).

Drop the letter unless there is something specific or special you want to point out (which there shouldn't be, as PBS doesn't generally allow for exceptions).

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

Agree with mulderpf. The cover letter should only include items that aren't in the application form and that are relevant to the application.

For example in my most recent extension:
- I stated when my visa was originally issued and that I was applying for an extension under the JR (to make sure they knew I had used the right application form).
- I showed earnings for less than 12 months so attached an email from UKBA confirming this was acceptable and referenced it in my cover letter.

The cover letter was only 4 paragaphs long and 1/3 page.

yomdee
Newly Registered

Post by yomdee » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:53 pm

@goldfish, i will ordinarily not include a cover letter to explain when my visa was issued as that was stated on the initial visa, or to inform of my earnings less than 12-month period, which is already taken care of by the application form. But with your post i am considering maybe it is important (not essential) to ensure clarity. What do you reckon?

yash.yashm
Newly Registered

Post by yash.yashm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

once the Biometric is done, the applicant will hear anything from home office till the document will received ? so in case the response is negative then what is the alternative and how much is the time ?

does the applicant need to leave the country ?

Any response on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards
yash

mr_danny

Post by mr_danny » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 pm

its good to do a covering letter, and that is ofcourse the first thing a case worker looks at - so go ahead.

advice - try to edit your post and remove your personal details...

good luck

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 am

If it's on the application form, then no need to include it in the covering letter.

The Judicial Review HSMP application form doesn't include the earnings period, so I put it in the letter. The reason I included the date of issue of my visa was because it was Judicial Review and I wanted them to know I had used the right form. Most people who had a visa issued when I did would be at ILR by now and I didn't want them getting confused.

You can decide for yourself what is relevant for you in your situation, taking into account the application form you are using.