ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

exiting the course and applying for PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ann_newbie
Newly Registered

exiting the course and applying for PSW

Post by ann_newbie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Ive exited the course this september after obtaining a degree award and Im planning to apply for PSW. Am I required to apply for PSW immediately after exiting the course?? If not, Am I still allowed to work given that Im no longer a student in the uni? My student visa will expire july 2012. TIA

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:21 pm

After the degree is awarded you have a window of 12 months to apply for PSW. If you are leaving your course or your course is finished, you have 60 days to apply for another type of leave or to leave the UK.

If your course ends earlier than expected (because, for example, your education provider has cancelled your place on the course, or you have finished the course early), we will limit your permission to stay to 60 days. But we will not limit your permission to stay if it will expire in less than six months anyway.