ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flr(m) confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b_queen

flr(m) confusion

Post by b_queen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 pm

hi there,

my husband's filling out his flr(m) form. and got a bit confused in section 6 - biometric residence permit

for 6.1 he answered no to this question as he didn't use any other name.

as he answerd no to this question its been told to go to 6.3..he had fingerprints done before.

[b]for 6.4 ..it says 'the name in which your fingerprints were taken'...does this mean he will put his name?[/b]

[b]he has done his fingerprints in UK...does he have to fill out the 'british diplomatic post if they were taken abroad'?[/b]
[b]what is british diplomatic post mean?[/b]

b_queen

Post by b_queen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:49 pm

please someone asnwer it for me...its urgent

baby2
Newly Registered

Post by baby2 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi,
I have applied using FLR(m) and got the visa so I think I can answer you.As for 6.4 if he had done fingerprint before such as applying for other visa outside UK before then he should answer yes.
IN the 6.4 section he should write his name.The date which it was taken.If it is in UK then enter the place it were taken.British diplomatic post mean the embassy or high commision in other country then UK .If he didn't give fingerprint abroad then don't fill it in.

Please note that on the day of biometric enrolment they will ask question again just to make sure we didn't left out anything.In my case I did not remember the exact date so the officer just asked me the month and year and she said she could understand that it has been long and not expecting to remember the exact date.

good luck

b_queen

Post by b_queen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 pm

thanks a lot...we were really confused about the name part..thnkx agen