ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not received my Masters Degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanji
Newly Registered

Not received my Masters Degree

Post by nanji » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:47 pm

Dear All,

I am a student in an Engineering School in France. My official classes are finished and I have cleared all subjects. Currently I am doing my Practical Training for my MS, which is a pre-requisite. The problem is that I want to claim points for this Masters Degree. I have attested photocopy of my Provisional MS Certificate on University letterhead signed by the director and mentioning that I will finish my MS in sep 2004 and till now have obtained so and so credits. In addition I also have the enrollment certificate.

Can I use these to claim the Masters points? Is there any one else who has faced the same situation.

nanji

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:40 pm

The HSMP Team will only consider a completed programme in awarding points in the qualifications/ education section. IMHO you will not be awarded additional points based on the Masters until you have finished and passed the entire programme including the practical training given it is a 'pre-requisite'. Note that the HSMP Team have powers of discretion and they may award the additional points but a risk is where there is a refusal and you need to re-submit the application given the ever increasing processing times.

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:24 pm

Thanks!