ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Qn for two tier 1 extensions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HsmpFlr3

ILR Qn for two tier 1 extensions

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi,
HSMP Letter: Jul 2006 (Pre Nov 2006 case)
First visa: Sep 2006 to Sep 2008 (HSMP)
First Extension: Sep 2008 to Sep 2011 (Tier 1 - HSMP/FLR No points based)
Second Extension: Jun 2011 to Jun 2013 (Tier 1 - HSMP/FLR No points based).

Pls note that i entered UK two months later than the visa stamping dates and to avoid the 5 years shortfall, neither did i get the passport stamps corrected nor did i wait for 3 months discretion under modernization guide (Blame me on combination of ignorance/pessimism/fear for choosing 2nd extension!)

I am due for ILR in November 2011, and i was wondering if the 2nd extension would be in any way an impediment to apply under HSMP/Tier 1 JR (5 years).

Has anyone got ILR with 2 tier 1 extensions before under JR? Can someone please confirm the following:
1. Irrespective of two Tier 1 extensions i still fall under HSMP/Tier 1 JR.
2. I DONOT need to prove points and all i need to prove is just economically active. (Read as no points)
3. I DONOT need life in UK tests.

Few of these questions might be in FAQ, but its always reassuring if someone confirms for a specific case:-)

Thanks.

HsmpFlr3

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi,
I am a little concerned that no one has replied - is this such a complicated case?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Qn for two tier 1 extensions

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 am

HsmpFlr3 wrote: i was wondering if the 2nd extension would be in any way an impediment to apply under HSMP/Tier 1 JR (5 years).
Not at all.
HsmpFlr3 wrote:Can someone please confirm the following:
1. Irrespective of two Tier 1 extensions i still fall under HSMP/Tier 1 JR.
There is not Tier 1 JR, only HSMP JR - that you are covered under.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!