ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunning27
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by sunning27 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi, I need some advice here about naturalisation.
My husband and I were granted ILR July this year and plans to apply for naturalisation next year july.
I read the documents required at ukba website.
My understanding is that we should provide the following docs:
1. Passport showing 5 years of residence in uk.
2. Life in the uk test
3. Id used to take life in the uk
4. Passport showing NTL stamp or letter from home office showing ILR.
I noticed there was mentioning p60, self employment tax self assessment, but thought it comes under eu or Swiss .
Pls advice do we have to provide 5 years p60 and self employment self assessment account as my husband is self employed.
Thanks very much.

osteophytes

Re: Naturalisation

Post by osteophytes » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:07 pm

sunning27 wrote:Hi, I need some advice here about naturalisation.
My husband and I were granted ILR July this year and plans to apply for naturalisation next year july.
I read the documents required at ukba website.
My understanding is that we should provide the following docs:
1. Passport showing 5 years of residence in uk.
2. Life in the uk test
3. Id used to take life in the uk
4. Passport showing NTL stamp or letter from home office showing ILR.
I noticed there was mentioning p60, self employment tax self assessment, but thought it comes under eu or Swiss .
Pls advice do we have to provide 5 years p60 and self employment self assessment account as my husband is self employed.
Thanks very much.
I assume you are non-EEA. Technically speaking all you need is your passports (to show ILR status and residential requirements) and life in the UK (if you have already done LITUK for ILR there is no need for it but some NCS are still asking for it)

Evrything else will be checked by them - HMRC, criminality etc. No need for you to submit P60s.

Check page 15 in this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

If it is a joint application, you need to submit the marriage certificate.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks. I am non EEA. So what I need is passport, life in the uk, and marriage certificate. That is quite simple, so I do not need to go through this checking services and pay extra money to get it done, I can post directly to home office. Great!
But one of my friends had hers done last year and she is non EEA. She went through checking service and she submitted p60, this and that, a lot of documemts according to her. I just want to make sure.
If home office requires more documents, I guess they will write to us, not just rejecting the application as it is a lot of money paid.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 am

The main advantage of the checking service over postal is keeping your documents (including passport) with you as they will photocopy your documents and return them to you.

There is no need to provide any proof of economic activity when applying for naturalisation.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Do u know how much extra the checking service will charge? Do I have to make appointment? Can I go on my own with both mine and my husband's application or do both of us have to go together ? Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 am

The service is provided by the local councils. Just phone and ask. You don't need to use your home council. Any one will do so shop around as prices different.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 am

sunning27 wrote:Do u know how much extra the checking service will charge? Do I have to make appointment? Can I go on my own with both mine and my husband's application or do both of us have to go together ? Thanks.
Around 50 pounds

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for naturalisation in July this year after I was granted ILR in July last year. ( None EEA )

I want to find out as for Evidence of lawful residence during the residential qualifying period ( 5 years ), I got my new national passport only last year December. It can not be proof of 5 years lawful residence.

I applied for asylum in 2001 and was granted refugee status in 2006 for 5 years and I applied for ILR in 2011 and was granted ILR in 2011. Which documents should I submit for Evidence of lawful residence during the residential qualifying period? I have the letter from Home Office granting ILR, but that does not say I have been staying in this country for 5 years.

I had a blue travel document issued by home office which expired in April 2011 for 5 years, will that count as the evidence, but that is also counted as proof of identity when I used it to do my life in the uk test.

In this case, should I send in the travel document which is for life in the uk test, and also evidence of 5 years residence, and on top of that, I can send in my national passport and my bank statement for identity.

Has anyone have any idea what documents I should submit?

tehranlondon
Newly Registered

Post by tehranlondon » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Just to let you know that if you didn't want to use NCS and pay the 65 pound, you can get a solicitor to certify your passport and Home Office will accept this. You need to make sure that every page is certified by the solicitor. I have had mine done and it cost only 5 pounds!

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:30 pm

i thought normally solicitor charges £5 for each documents. I guess I will have to certify the travel document, driving license, still cheaper than the checking service. However, if the home office thinks that they need more documents, will they write to me and ask for it or just totally deny my appllication after paying that large sum of money. That is one reason I do not want to make any mistakes by sending myself.