ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance of funds for dependent of tier 1 general migrant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitlsbu123

maintenance of funds for dependent of tier 1 general migrant

Post by amitlsbu123 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

enquiry on behalf of my friend-

I am in the uk for more than 12 months on tier 1 general visa and i want to apply for my wife as my dependant who is also in the uk (on student visa). How much funds do i have to maintain for 3 months if i am making her application ???? And can i show the available funds in her account as i just have around 700 pounds in my account?? my wifes account has got around 2000 pounds for the last 3 months.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:33 pm

The necessary amount is 533 pounds held by you, or by her, or by both jointly, for the requisite period of three months immediately prior to the application date. The application has to be made from her home country; it can't be done in the UK.

amitlsbu123

Post by amitlsbu123 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The necessary amount is 533 pounds held by you, or by her, or by both jointly, for the requisite period of three months immediately prior to the application date. The application has to be made from her home country; it can't be done in the UK.
thanks for reply

are you saying my friend can't apply for his wife within uk. She is already here on tier 4 visa they got married recently over here. Why he cant reply from here ?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:28 pm

amitlsbu123 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote: are you saying my friend can't apply for his wife within uk. She is already here on tier 4 visa they got married recently over here. Why he cant reply from here ?
Switching is only permitted if the last entry clearance was granted as a partner of the tier 1 general migrant. Since your friend's wife's last visa is as a student, they are not able to switch un-country and would have to go and apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:37 pm

I realise that you are trying to help your friend but it's vital that he reads the guidance for himself. Relying on advice from well-meaning friends who, nevertheless, lack the relevant knowledge to help them in a meaningful way, is likely to turn out very badly.