ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O) Solihull PEO Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PopeyeJLR
Newly Registered

ILR SET (O) Solihull PEO Success

Post by PopeyeJLR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi,

Today I have made a successful ILR application. I have been reading the forums and gathered valuable information and now I think I should share my experience. :)

Entered UK in 2003, first working VISA in 2005, Work Permit started on 23rd October 2006 (60 months). Converted to Tier 1 G on 14th Oct 2008 valid till 14th Oct 2011. You can see although I am 9 days short but still within 28 days limit.

I kept all my bank statements and pay slips from Oct 2006 onwards. On 18th of Aug I booked my appointment for 26th of September. I started ringing for appointment couple of weeks before that. I wanted to make sure that 9 days short of 5 years will not be an issue. I was bit lucky to get through the phone lines very quickly every time I called.

My appointment was at 9 am today that is 26th of Sept 2011. I live near Solihull so drove and got there by 8 am. Spent 30 mins at the bar opposite drinking coffee. When we (me and my girl friend) reached the front door of PEO there were two people already there. The doors opened at 8:30, we were second to be let in. I asked I can bring my gf in and the security said yes. We went through the airport style checks, asked for the form and how I will pay then were seated. The man at reception only wanted to see if I have the form and how I will pay.

Soon after the security handed us the token (timed 8:33). After around 10 mins the token number was called to a counter and even my gf was allowed to accompany me.

The case worker was a calm smiley but bit formal woman. She asked for my Passport and form. She checked which type of application it is and did various checks on my Passport and filled a form looking at my Passport and computer screen. Then she asked me for LIUK certificate which was all good I never asked my score though.

She said she now wanted to look at my pay slips and corresponding bank statements for last 12 months. I handed them over, she started to look in payments made but I said I have highlighted the salary going in. She was pleased and went through matching the two very quickly. In total there were pay slips from 3 different employers and in one month there was over lap (paid by two employers in same month). She stopped at this month but I made it clear and politely apologized for it being confusing. She said it is not a problem.

She then said she will not ask for any more documents and she has to do one more check on my passport. She got back within 5 mins and said everything is fine and she said she will grant me ILR. She asked me if the photos were recent and I said they were taken yesterday she told me to make the payments at counter 6 and come back after 2 hours. She kept my pays slips and bank statements, I asked if she needs any copies and she said no she doesn't.

She added it is great to have a straight forward case first thing on Monday morning. I said I am glad that it was straight forward for you. We exchanged parting greetings and I made the payments and left. We came back after 2 hours and the Passport with ILR stamp with my documents was ready at the reception. The woman at the reception asked me to check the name and birth date and also if all the documents are returned. It was all fine. I thanked the staff there and came out before 11:30.

In all it was a pleasant, short and sweet experience. The documents I took with me:

1. Form
2. Passport
3. LIUK Certificate
4. 5 Years pay slips
5. 5 Yeas bank statements
6. Savings account statement last 6 years
7. Letter from current employer
8. Current employer contract
9. Work permit letter
10. Work permit leave grant letter
11. Masters degree certificate
12. Tenancy agreement
13. 2X passport size photos
14. P60s last 5 years but one was missing.
15. Letter from HMRC; employment history (to make up for missing P60 as well)

I also had copies of every document mentioned. Out of the originals mentioned above the case worked asked for:

1. Form
2. Passport
3. LIUK Certificate
4. Last 12 months pay slips
5. Last 12 months bank statements
6. 2X passport size photos

I am thankful to the nice case worker, various forums and everyone who supported me in making a successful application.

I wish good luck to all who are in process of making ILR application. Please make things as straight forward and simple as possible, check check and recheck, my employer got my birth date wrong in their letter which they replaced only days before.

Please do ask me any question if you have I will be happy to help.

:D :D[/b]
Last edited by PopeyeJLR on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET (O) Solihull PEO Success

Post by malepiscean » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi congrats to you and oliveoyl! :-)

1) Did you have any absences from UK? What's the break-up of personal Vs work related? Any unpaid vacations-absences as well?

2) She didn't ask for any P60s?

3) For the saving account, did you have monthly statements for the past 6 years or quarterly? (assuming you had monthly statements for your salary account and transfer bulk of the money into savings?)

4) Did she actually look into the saving account statements?

Many thanks in advance and congrats once again!

PopeyeJLR
Newly Registered

Post by PopeyeJLR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:08 pm

malepiscean wrote:Hi congrats to you and oliveoyl! :-)

1) Did you have any absences from UK? What's the break-up of personal Vs work related? Any unpaid vacations-absences as well?

2) She didn't ask for any P60s?

3) For the saving account, did you have monthly statements for the past 6 years or quarterly? (assuming you had monthly statements for your salary account and transfer bulk of the money into savings?)

4) Did she actually look into the saving account statements?

Many thanks in advance and congrats once again!
Lol thanks Malepiscean.
1) I was away from 5 Dec to 2 Jan (Ann Hols), 30 Oct to 5 Nov (Work Related), 15 - 30 Apr (Ann Hols) in different years since 2006.

2) Sorry I also had HMRC letter for past 5 work years as well and P60s (2007-2008 missing). But she never asked for any of these not even the HMRC letter.

3) I had Quarterly savings acc statements and my bank HSBC supplied the latest ones as well for both accounts.

4) No she did not look into savings acc.

Cheers!

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 am

Hello PopeyeJLR ,can you please tell me how old the employer letter should as my employers is giving me at the ist week of oct, due to office relocation.

PopeyeJLR
Newly Registered

Post by PopeyeJLR » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:36 am

ayesha11 wrote:Hello PopeyeJLR ,can you please tell me how old the employer letter should as my employers is giving me at the ist week of oct, due to office relocation.
Ayesha,

I have not found anywhere how old the letter can be. But my previous experience of Italian tourist visa was that it should not be older than 1 month from the time of application.

So I would recommend that the employer letter should not be older than 1 month. Try to get your emplyer to put a later date on the letter. I know a case when the employer issued a letter dated a week later (future date). It all depends on the employer. Remember- you won't ask you won't get.

:-)

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 am

HI PopeyeJLR

Thanks for the quick reply
Thank you

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 am

PopeyeJLR wrote:Hi,

5. Last 12 years bank statements
6. 2X passport size photos

:D :D[/b]
Hi,

Was it 12 months or 2 yrs. bank statemnets, she asked?

Bobby

PopeyeJLR
Newly Registered

Post by PopeyeJLR » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi,

Was it 12 months or 2 yrs. bank statemnets, she asked?

Bobby[/quote]

Bobby,

I have corrected my mistake sorry for the confusion. It is last 12 months' bank statements that she had a look at and matched them with last 12 months' payslips.

Popeye

pepper123
Newly Registered

Post by pepper123 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks for the account! We have to get ILR in January, and I was going to send hubby alone as I have serious knee problems (and some back problems) that make walking more than a very short distance difficult, so getting there via train won't be easy. (fyi, hubby is a work permit holder and I'm his dependant, both Americans, we're doing form set (o)). But I'm really doing all the work of filling out the forms and gathering the info, and I'm a bit worried if they have a question at the desk, it would be better if I were there as I'm familiar with the whole process and all the documents I've gathered and he's not. I have been told as his dependant I don't have to go, but it might help as far as knowledge of the paperwork is concerned.

So, we could go via train bringing a wheelchair to get through the stations, but I'd leave it at our hotel for the appointment if possible as it's a real pain to take around. What I'd like to know is, if we were let off by a cab, how far is it to get from the curb into the PEO office and seated? I don't mean the exact measurement, I mean is the entrance near the curb, is the office we need in the front of the building? Is the restroom nearby? How long did you have to stand in line to be let in? And how far away is the place you went for coffee -- is it next door, up the block, across the street? Thanks for any help!

Oh, also, I note that most people make appointments for 9am, but then they get a ticket and go in the order they arrived, is that right? Is the reason for doing it first thing because if you set it for 10 or 11am you are not really going to get that appointment time, you'll just end up getting a ticket number that may mean you don't get seen at all depending on how many are before you? Hubby is not a morning person, but if the best way to be seen is setting it for 9am, we will.